Product Data Analyst
Note: Please read our requirements closely before applying
Level Ex is an award-winning game studio creating industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR games for doctors. The company uses video game technology and cognitive neuroscience to capture the challenges of medical practice – engaging large audiences of practicing physicians around medical apps that feature ultra-realistic virtual patients. Through using state-of-the-art visual effects and game design methodologies, we’re revolutionizing the way physicians keep up-to-speed about disease presentations, challenging cases, the latest surgical techniques, and new medical devices and drug therapies to stay sharp in their specialty.
In less than three years, Level Ex has exponentially grown, hiring top talent from the video games industry, the digital health ecosystem, and leading medical institutions. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies including Baxter, Pfizer, Merck, and Medtronic, as well as leading medical associations.
We’re looking for an experienced, smart, technical Product Data Analyst to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for ensuring data validity and availability at our startup that’s stretching the content boundaries of what games can be. Level Ex is making a new product for a new audience and our data will be used by all departments on planning the direction of our applications and our company.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Manage data sets of the company's mobile and VR software applications and provide ongoing reporting and analysis essential to run and improve the business
- Responsible for managing the data validity and availability across live apps, client projects, and future projects
- Provide customer insights to inform product and marketing decisions
- Write SQL queries for analysis as well as ETL details (views, dimensional/factual tables, aggregate tables, etc.)
- Gather requirements from multiple stakeholders across the company and solidifying priorities
- Create data requirements documentation based on stakeholders feedback and your experience
- Author new telemetry details to add or change existing event data
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure telemetry is correct prior to pushing to a live environment
- Manage and work closely with our junior data analyst
- Deliver cadenced reporting for internal and client KPIs
- Deliver ad-hoc reports for all departments
- Document pipeline details, changes to telemetry, and other important information
- Write and monitor JIRA development tickets
Who We Want To Meet
- 4+ years of analytics design and reporting for a startup, gaming company, and/or mobile app company
- 3+ years of reporting on live, in-market product being used by customers
- Experience translating business requirements into new event telemetry
- Proven ability to grow at the pace of the company while advocating for a strategic plan for the future
- Proven ability to project manage multiple needs/priorities from multiple stakeholders
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Analytics, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points Awarded For
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with LeanPlum/AppsFlyer/PlayFab
- Experience with mobile telemetry concerns
- Experience managing others
- Experience with JIRA and/or Confluence
- Experience building a 1st party telemetry pipeline using Amazon (or similar) products, relational databases, and visualization software
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.