Note: Please read our requirements closely before applying
Located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, Level Ex is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries and earning training credit with the latest medical devices and diagnostic treatments in our industry-leading 3D mobile applications. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
As Level Ex continues to grow we’re in need of an experienced, technical Senior Data Analyst with management experience to join our team. This person will be responsible for ensuring data validity and availability at our startup that’s stretching the content boundaries of what games can be. Level Ex is making new products for new audiences and our data will be used by all departments on planning the direction of our applications and our company.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Own the requirements for data collection along with developing frameworks, models, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at every level
- Effectively identify strategic business questions, translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations and key metrics, and share across team leadership and various departments
- Research and develop data and statistical modeling solutions to understand game design, system performance, and key business behaviors, especially around player engagement
- Drive improvements through data exploration of data, statistical analysis, and predictive modeling, and share in dashboards to help visualize
- Own and manage the data validity and availability across live apps, client projects, and future projects
- Mentor, set goals and lead our growing analytics team
Who We Want To Meet
- 5+ years in a similar position or an Analytics role in the Marketing, Finance, or technology fields
- 2+ years of reporting on live, in-market apps, games, or websites
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, C.S., Engineering, or another technical field
- Experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce
- Experience with R, solid understanding of statistics, and on data visualization and communication of findings
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques, languages, software and systems (Python, Tableau, and others)
- Deep understanding of SQL (or a SQL-type language), along with ETL experience (views, dimensional/factual tables, aggregated tables, etc.)
- Ability to use storytelling to communicate the impact of campaigns and data with both team members and clients
- Experience managing and growing an analytics team
- Proven ability to grow at the pace of the company while advocating for a strategic plan for the future
Bonus Points Awarded For
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, Ph.D.)
- Strong passion and knowledge of gaming and/or the medical field
- Experience or deep interest in working in a start-up environment
- Experience with JIRA and/or Confluence
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
How To Apply
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.