Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this ambitious journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have simple, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.
Working at Level
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work.
- Build high quality applications to help launch our first product and delight users
- Design and build products to increase cost transparency and access to care
- Collaborate with design, product, and analytics to develop new features
- Inform API design and implementation through knowledge of web/mobile best practices
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- React/React Native
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 80% coverage for dependents
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy
- Learning and development programs