We are looking for a Data Science lead who is excited to join a small-product focused team.
We enjoy working with data scientists who love building great data products. We'd like to hear from you if you can draw on your data science expertise to help reimagine risk modeling and insurance underwriting.
As a company, we pride ourself on collaboration. We believe you bring a valuable, thoughtful perspective to the conversation. We look to your experience and insights to help elevate the quality of our work and our impact when solving problems for customers. If it interests you, there are opportunities to take ownership of business functions, including product development and business operations.
You will identify and scope product challenges that are ripe for data science solutions — from risk modeling to data-informed insurance plan design and provider network analysis. You will reformulate these challenges in the language of data science and you will use machine learning tools and algorithms to develop solutions. In collaboration with engineering colleagues, you will inform data collection, productionize data science work, and integrate machine learning into the product.
- Strong product sensibilities
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Clear and effective communication style
- Prior experience in risk modeling, forecasting, or working with time series data
- Prior experience working with dirty or high-dimensional, categorical data
- Coding experience
- Teaching and guiding others
- Collaborating across disciplines
- Asking questions
- Reading books
In order to build a world-class product, we need to grow a company that represents the multitude of needs of our clients. Our core focus is people, which represents 2 key tenets:
- Diversity: We are building a team of employees from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and schools of thought.
- Inclusion: Once you join our company we will ensure that you are supported both as an individual and as an employee with respect to professional development.