Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this ambitious journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have simple, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.
Working at Level
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work.
- Learn how to design thoughtful APIs that enable members, employers, and dentists to interact with Level in real-time
- Work on building the data model our platform will use to organize information about members, dentists, and employers
- Build features for our web and mobile applications so members can easily understand their benefits and access care
- Help launch our first product by collaborating with the product, design, actuarial, sales, and operations teams
- A candidate for a BS in computer science or a related field
- Completed computer science projects before and are comfortable discussing them
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
Our internship experience
- We’ll mentor you from day 1 to make sure you’re set up to succeed
- We’ll teach you new technologies and set you up to work on projects to help you grow
- You’ll participate in decisions that go into launching the first product
- You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with a team that collectively has decades of experience in the tech industry