Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this ambitious journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have simple, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.
Working at Level
Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates that are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. We recognize that this commitment requires ongoing work.
- Help develop Level’s infrastructure engineering strategy
- Drive new features and improvements by helping to ensure that our code is well-structured and thoughtful
- Increase developer velocity by automating deployment configuration and CI/CD pipelines
- Help create a secure and stable production environment through network, monitoring, and observability infrastructure
- Build platforms and tools to protect sensitive health and personal information
- Help launch our first product and build systems that scale
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- A BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field
- Strong hands-on technical skills that allow you to contribute to coding and architecture
- Expertise with scripting languages (Python, Ruby), configuration management systems (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef), container management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos), and major cloud infrastructure ecosystems (AWS, GCP)
- A passion for working in high performing teams and helping people make better decisions around their healthcare
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- Protobuf / gRPC
- React / React Native
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 80% coverage for dependents
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy
- Learning and development programs