Level is bringing together talented, passionate people from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for teammates who are naturally curious and love to ask questions, even when it means challenging the established way of doing things. We foster a work environment where every voice in the room is heard, and encourage people to have a strong sense of ownership over their work. We believe in an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued.
About the role
- Organize processes and execute on onboarding tasks, including building a playbook and making sure all new hires are set up for success at the company
- Run office operations, including working with internal and external parties (real estate team, building management, Amazon) to make sure that Level’s space and events run efficiently
- Work with the team to execute and build recruiting processes, like reaching out to candidates, scheduling interviews, and ensuring candidates have a great experience
- Help build the culture at Level by organizing events, lunch and learns, offsites, etc.
- Manage multiple tasks and teams with a high level of precision in a deadline-driven environment
- Take on a diverse set of problems as part of a fast-growing company, with a more defined role as we grow
- 1-2 years of people operations, project management, or similar work experience
- Basic understanding of HR Business Partner skill sets
- Comfort with ambiguity and resilient when facing rapid change
- A 'no task is too small' attitude
- Ability to think creatively, solve unexpected issues, and work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines and without continued direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bonus points: Experience with dental, vision or other benefits and insurance products
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible vacation
- Generous caregiver leave policies
- Internal learning and development programs
Level’s mission is to improve healthcare by offering a new way to find, manage, and pay for care. We’re starting this journey by tackling employer-funded dental insurance. We believe that if people have connected, easy-to-use products, they’ll be more engaged in their benefits and make better decisions around their care. The founding team at Level comes from companies that have simplified payments and insurance—like Square, Oscar Health, and Uber. We started in 2018 in New York City, and are backed by First Round, Homebrew, BoxGroup, and Precursor Ventures.