Flag Football Program Director - Part Time
The Flag Football Program Director is responsible for developing, organizing, delivering and administering football leagues, programs and activities targeted toward youth and adults. The Flag Football Program Director must be passionate and motivated to lead successful sports programs and activities at SoccerZone. Sports programming at SoccerZone is expected to be managed on a high level of coordination, communication and adapt to the changing needs of the members and trends in the field. Ensure the promotion of sports programming growth, safety, member satisfaction and member retention through sports program participation and facility excellence.
- Oversee all Flag Football operations which included developing, organizing, delivering, and administering football leagues and activities for youth and adults.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and direct all games, officials, and scorekeepers for SoccerZone football programs.
- Actively research, market, and improve football leagues targeted toward youth and adults.
- Recruit, hire on-board, train, develop and supervise football officials.
- Ensure a high level of customer service and communication for all program participants.
- Prepare and manage the program budget to ensure revenue and program service goals are achieved.
- Serve as a member of the SoccerZone league management team performing specific duties which support the overall success of SoccerZone operations.
- Conduct ongoing assessment and evaluation of all sports programming performances and implement program changes and/or enhancements as needed.
- Responsible for ordering equipment and supplies for the sports and leagues and ensure that equipment is properly secured and maintained.
This position reports to the Senior General Manager who reports to the Regional Manager. The incumbent is responsible for programming at SoccerZone and working closely with the Senior General Manager and other league staff. The incumbent help oversees administrative and sports programming team members.
- Developing Others
- Quality Results
- Functional Expertise
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Senior General Manager in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for SoccerZones success.
- Minimum of three (2) years of experience developing, implementing, scheduling and evaluating varied sports recreation programs
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory sport league and/or coaching experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage sports recreation program activities.
- Knowledge of rules in flag football recreation program activities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Creative thinker with a history of applying innovation in programming
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build community relationships
- Basic skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire)
- Ability to manage programs to a diverse population
- Degree in Recreation, Management, Physical Education or related field
- Ability to travel locally between locations to attend meetings and training
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including being mobile, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in sport situations
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the environment
- Work environments range from quiet work areas to busy, noisy indoor and outdoor spaces with several groups talking amongst themselves concurrently
- Must be able to actively participate in youth games/activities
Salary commensurate to experience