Youth Soccer Instructor/Coach - Part Time
A SoccerZone Youth Instructor oversees and teaches youth instructional programs ages U6 to HS and coaches youth house teams. The SoccerZone coach/instructor is responsible for planning, organizing and delivering an appropriate range of soccer activities and programs for individuals and teams. The purpose is to create a positive soccer environment where the youth learn sportsmanship, fundamental skills, teamwork, and responsibility. SoccerZone instructional programs emphasize skill development, fair play, teamwork, cooperation, sportsmanship, responsibility, and fun.
· Teaching fundamental skills, tactics and techniques to the children while emphasizing skill development, fair play, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fun.
· Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
· Provide a safe environment for practice and games by checking the condition of fields and equipment each day. Examine all fields prior to each game/practice for unexpected hazards and report any danger.
· Teach skills in developmentally appropriate stages.
· Enforce all SoccerZone policies and rules.
· Create, implement, and evaluate soccer practices and group activities/lessons
· Monitoring and enhancing performance by providing tuition, encouragement and constructive feedback
· Report any problems with fields, equipment, player behavior, parent behavior, or officials to the General Manager
· Identifying strengths and weaknesses
· Developing soccer instructional programs
· Undertaking administrative tasks
· Assisting with sports promotion/development.
· Be on time to all soccer programs, practices and games
Key Skills Required:
- Responsible: Arrives on time to each session, can handle a group of 10 or more children, keeps accurate attendance, and communicates well with SoccerZone Management.
- Professional: Neat in appearance, friendly and courteous with customers, staff, and parents.
- Enthusiastic: Must enjoy interacting with children from U6 to HS age and be able to connect with them on their level, making the SoccerZone instructional the best time of their week. You must be very outgoing and animated; able to be silly with the children.
- Soccer: Soccer experience is helpful, however, if you are great with children and have some familiarity with the game, that works.
- Working with children: Must be able to engage and interact with 2-8 year olds, and have experience doing so. This is very important.
- Transportation: must have your own, reliable transportation.
· Have a desire to work with children, enthusiasm, patience, organization, maturity, dependability, and be responsible.
· Be 18 years old and have a high school diploma.
· Be available at the times when games, practices, and meetings are held.
· Preferred soccer experienced and knowledge for teaching the sport to youth.
Salary commensurate to experience