Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Toronto – Spadina and Adelaide
Lending Loop is looking for a self-directed, product-focused Software Engineer who is excited by the prospect of building the future of financial services in Canada . As a Software Engineer at Lending Loop, you will be responsible for developing future iterations of the Lending Loop platform. This will include building new product features, adding and maintaining third-party integrations and building out services that will support our tens of thousands of clients.
As a member of our small but mighty engineering team, you will be playing a key role in laying the technical foundation of the company from fixing bugs to building critical infrastructure while expanding the breadth of your skills.
- Develop and release new features for lenders, borrowers and partners
- Collaborate with our front-end team to define and create endpoints to expose data and methods required to support our front-end applications
- Refactoring our current code base to accommodate design changes and to keep it current with our quality standards
Desired Qualities, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks for any common web-framework
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Proficiency in version control (Git) workflows
- Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies
- GraphQL API development experience
- Building and maintaining production-ready React.js applications
- Developing backend software with a security-first approach (OWASP).
- Previously built applications for the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the SOLID principles.
- Familiarity with RSpec's best practices.
- Familiarity with the Salesforce.com platform and/or the Salesforce.com REST API.
Why Join us:
- We live our values - we offer a transparent work environment with competitive salary, benefits and stock options
- Own what you develop - our team takes pride in their work and owns the software they release
- Work on things that matter - we use modern tools and processes that optimize for developer happiness
- Write software that makes a difference - we’re supporting the growth of Canadian small businesses across the country and giving investors more choice and opportunity
- Small and mighty - our engineering team is small which means you can develop close relationships but also work on a wide variety of technologies and problems
Lending Loop is committed to creating a diverse culture. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, first nations persons, and persons with disabilities to apply. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply!