Law Firm is looking for internationally minded, achievement orientated associates with an interest in Technology Transactions to join our Silicon Valley office.
In addition to possessing strong academic credentials, you should be a quick learner, open to new areas of knowledge and curious about all forms of technology. You should demonstrate excellent legal understanding, including a solid grasp of intellectual property, corporate, and contract law, and a keen awareness of commercial developments in the wider technology sector.
Undertaking cutting-edge work for some of the world’s most pioneering companies, you will be able to combine analytical rigor and good judgment with the creative flair needed to develop innovative solutions. A dedicated team player, you should be able to work independently, proactively anticipating the needs of colleagues and clients, and displaying the confidence to take full ownership of your work.
Passionate about working within our practice, you should be excited by the opportunity to join our global law firm—learning from colleagues from across the firm’s offices and practice groups, many of whom are leaders in their field.
· Drafting, reviewing and negotiating IP and technology licensing, outsourcing and services agreements, as well as merger, acquisition and joint venture agreements and ancillary documents
· Managing deal teams and processes across practice areas and geographic locations
· Solving legal problems relating to new and emerging technologies
· Managing and conducting due diligence
· Counseling clients on IP litigation and strategy matters as well as patent pooling arrangements
· Conducting brief or more complex research, or drafting of memoranda, depending on client needs
· Serving as primary point of contact for clients, opposing counsel and other transactional legal teams
· Exercising good judgment in internal and external written and verbal communications
· Providing direct assistance to senior lawyers on matters arising in the course of day-to-day provision of legal services to leading international and domestic clients
· Mentoring and training of junior team members and attendance at, and participation in, continuing education classes and client development initiatives
Must have 3-7 years of Tech Transactions experience
Must have CA Bar