We are an experienced design company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our small but growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Venice and Mountain View, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
As a User Experience Designer at Left Field Labs, you’ll be responsible for working closely with creative directors, technical leads and business stakeholders, providing research, drafting strategy, and crafting detailed documentation to support creative and inspire design for a variety of consumer-facing websites, apps and experiences used by millions of people on a daily basis.
You should be versatile and multifaceted, with a deep passion for solving problems with both creativity and an eye for detail. You have a team-oriented mentality and a healthy respect for the role your work plays in the broader user experience. You should have a passion for people: seeking to understand what makes someone tick, while understanding the wider needs of humanity. You use your insight, logic and creativity to architect incredible user experiences while driving strategic objectives of the project fueled by research.
You will work closely with producers, tech leads, developers and creative teams to satisfy client requirements that produce high-quality deliverables. A positive attitude and outlook are a necessity, as well excellent, clear communication and professionalism. Organization and thoughtfulness will be the key qualities in everything you do, while focusing on a sense of timeliness and ownership. Every step of the way, you’ll have the opportunity to provide digital expertise and experience.
● Translate client requirements and objectives into actionable user stories, sitemaps and wireframes.
● Persuasively present logical solutions to peers and clients, with an open mind for collaboration
● Take creative direction, and translate larger approaches into actionable design solutions
● Confidently present ux thinking to clients, and support in pitches
● Collaborate with our designers, developers and leadership to deliver creative solutions to technical problems
● Assist the Producer in ensuring user experience design deadlines are met
● Work closely with developers to document solutions in high detail, while ensuring technical feasibility of projects
● Conduct user research, focus group and lead demos to test prototypes and gather actionable results.
● 3-5 years of professional experience architecting user experience research, strategy and design
● Proven experience leading the UX process from brief to wireframes to technical documentation
● Experience building interactive prototypes with programs like Invision, and leading user testing interviews
● Team player who creates opportunities for innovation and excellence
● Strong understanding of fundamental design principles, and able to execute clean, and elegant documentation
● Specialized knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or similar
● Up-to-date on new trends and ideologies in the digital world
● Time management: ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
● Comfortable supporting and collaborating with both creative and technical leads
● A multi-disciplinary background combining design with psychology, computer-science, specialized user-experience focused program or a related field is a major plus
● Basic understanding of HTML/CSS a plus
● Strong online portfolio showing ux concepts and strategies you created and working examples of those ideas in execution
● A passion for design, with an eye for detail, a good understanding of visual hierarchy and usability
● Able to work independently in a deadline-sensitive and fast-paced environment
● Maintain high level of design quality and strong work ethic
● Attention to detail and strong skill with typography, layout and color to engage and direct audiences to action
● Confidence and team spirit
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer.