We are an experienced design company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our small but growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Venice and Mountain View, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
The Left Field Labs Account Manager is primarily responsible for nourishing the company’s client relationships. We need someone who’s able to identify a client’s business needs and work with both the client and internal teams to understand, define, and build effective and innovative solutions that knock people’s socks off!
The Account Manager is responsible for servicing client accounts, both existing and new. We need someone to serve as a direct link between our agency and clients, taking proactive measure to ensure that customers are happy with the process and delighted by our work. The Account Manager is also responsible for communicating & extending our range of services to our clients, ever mindful of forging opportunities to enhance each client engagement, and presenting relevant services proactively. Throughout each early project opportunity, you will develop a thorough understanding of client objectives and work alongside the partners, General Manager, creative leads, technical leads, designers, producers, and developers to create a roadmap & execution strategy (in the form of written proposals). The Account Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
The Account Manager will be involved in new contract negotiations, from receipt of the RFP or brief, coordinating and collecting input from relevant team members, and writing and submitting proposals. This includes current accounts as well as new customers. Expectations of the role are further defined below.
Internally, you will be manager for the Account Executive, and will be responsible for setting goals and facilitating their career growth, working with the Account Executive to set milestones, KPIs, etc. You will run weekly meetings and performance reviews with direct reports.
● Establish and manage meaningful core relationships with agency clients to ensure client satisfaction and trust
● Be an advocate of the client. Represent client’s interest to the internal team.
● Learn the client business, prepare client deliverables and become a brand expert and trusted client advisor.
● Work closely with the executive leadership team to ensure client objectives and KPIs (as well as internal benchmarks) are met
● Evaluate creative & technical deliverables to ensure they meet the client’s brand and expectations. Provide feedback to team leads directly for revisions when needed.
● Address client’s high-level questions and concerns, and share project feedback with internal team
● Collaborate, strategize and communicate items related to project and/or client issue mitigation
Project Scoping & Operations
● Work and communicate efficiently and effectively with internal production, design, and development teams to fulfill client deliverables on time, and within budget
● Work and communicate efficiently and effectively with project teams, including department leadership, to ensure consensus on proposal or SOWs, including estimates, timelines, and project approach
● In partnership with LFL producers, create and manage client project budgets
● Provide tactical project briefs and articulate the project initiative and timeline to internal teams during project kickoff.
● Draft project SOWs and/or Change Orders for client projects
● Understand the production processes of the agency, particularly from concept sign off, revisions, sign off and production of final digital and analogue assets
● Monitor critical project hand-offs, timelines and deliverables. Understand the implications of business strategy on project decisions.
● Set up meetings, includes the appropriate stakeholders, and provides accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes
● You will be knowledgeable of each project at various levels, some projects more deeply than others; the goal is to provide helpful insights and potentially guide the Account Executive through any challenges that arise
● Proactively identify, present, and pitch value-added solutions to clients, and help drive additional revenue for LFL
● Take a lead role in sales strategy sessions as it pertains to client accounts, by identifying and discussing areas of account growth, near-term goals, and opportunities which align to these goals
● Management and oversight of Account Executive in aligning to these sales goals
Industry expertise & strategy:
● Build & strengthen knowledge of client’s market and share strategically relevant ideas with team leads and Partners
● Understand brand/industry trends, and demonstrate an understanding of broader implications to the internal team
● Lead performance reviews for Account Executive staff based on LFL policy and procedure
● Perform ad-hoc coaching’s for underperforming Account Executive staff and outline clear growth and opportunity plans for performance improvement
● Maintain consistent documentation on coaching with LFL executive leadership and HR teams
● Onboard new Account Executive team members to follow standard LFL procedures and processes, including but not limited systems training
● Work with Executive Leadership/Recruiting to evaluate needs, interview and recruit Account Executive talent
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer.