We are an experienced design company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our small but growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Venice and Mountain View, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
Left Field Labs is seeking a talented Front-end Developer to join our Mountain View team. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive technologists and designers to bring high quality solutions to market. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns and maintainability.
Take designs and prototypes from the designer and turn them into a consumer-ready piece of software. You will work closely with the Back-end Developer to ensure data is passed cleanly and efficiently back and forth between the front-end and server. You will be expected to craft snappy and responsive front-ends that are a joy to use across a variety of devices.
● 3+ years of professional software development experience with a focus on markup, CSS and SCSS, ES6 and popular frontend frameworks and loaders such as AngularJS, React, Ember.js, and RequireJS
● Solid experience using modern task runners, package managers and module bundlers such as Gulp, Bower, NPM, Browserify and Webpack
● Strong understanding of responsive grid systems such as Twitter Bootstrap, Simple Grid, 960, and Neat
● Strong understanding of jQuery
● Basic understanding of rendering performance (frame rate, painting, recalcs)
● Basic understanding of user agent idiosyncrasies including WebKit, Gecko, Edge, and Explorer
● Some experience with a modern templating system such as Jinja2, Mako, Blade, Moustache, Underscores, EJS
● Proven ability to follow existing patterns and style guides
● Experience with WCAG 2.0 AA standards a plus
● Previous working experience in an agency a plus
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer.