We are an experienced design company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our small but growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Venice and Mountain View, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
Left Field Labs is seeking an experienced Back-end Developer to join our Venice office. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive technologists and designers to bring high quality solutions to market. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns, scalability and maintainability.
Work with the project Tech Lead and Front-end Developer to provide sensible, robust and extensible APIs and back-end architecture for a variety of web-based and native mobile apps. You will be expected to spin up multi-tier environments leveraging a variety of storage, caching and state-driven endpoint options. The Back-end Developer will own all data modeling and controller code by leveraging common OO design patterns. They will also be expected to design and maintain all session management, authentication, authorization and integrations with remote systems.
● 3+ years of professional software development experience, writing code in Python or Ruby Experience with Java or Node.js a plus
● 1+ years of professional experience using modern task runners, package managers and module bundlers such as Gulp, Bower, NPM, Browserify and Webpack
● Prior working experience for an agency a plus
● Strong working knowledge of a PaaS architecture such as Google App Engine or Heroku
● Strong working knowledge of scalable SQL and noSQL based indexing and storage systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, and Elastic Search
● Strong working knowledge of page-level, object-level and edge caching systems such as Varnish, Redis, Akamai and CloudFront
● Strong working knowledge of writing applications using MVC frameworks such as Django, Flask, Rails or Laravel
● Strong working knowledge of server-side dependency management tools
● Some experience with orchestration and configuration tools such as Rancher, Kubernetes, Swarm, Ansible, and Chef
● Experience with at least one IAM or SSO system such as Gigya, Janrain, LoginRadius or OneLogin a plus
● Experience with virtualization and containerization using tools like Docker or Vagrant a plus
● Strong working knowledge of the AWS stack including a plus
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer.