LeConte Recruiting Firm is currently working with an International Manufacturing Company to locate a Plant Operations Manager for a facility in Canada.
The Plant Operations Manager develops the Strategic Plan for the site and drives Goal Deployment to meet the Breakthrough Objectives. The Plant Operations Manager also leads the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards. Manages local scheduling and real-time operations that facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence, and economic goals.
- Recommends capital improvements that result in improved safety conditions, quality of the finished product, value-added, improved efficiency, or reduction of plant variable or fixed operational costs.
- EHS - Establishes priorities with his/her team to ensure all Environmental, Safety & Health Corporate Standard gaps are identified and establish proper plans to fully implement each ESH Standard. The Operations Director is the chief safety officer in the plant and responsible for developing and implementing the project to move the plant to World Class Safety performance.
- Reviews production orders/schedules/reports to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates and/or resolve operational, manufacturing, and delivery issues.
- LeanSigma in their respective areas working with Product Management, Sales, and Engineering
- Maintains the workforce of his/her areas fully engaged and motivated to achieve plant goals and objectives.
- Leads by Example working with his/her teams to implement all Corporate Standards and provide action plans to ensure proper implementation
- Budget - Ensure predetermined budgets are met for KPIs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management or other relevant fields
- Eight years of experience in the management of an industrial manufacturing facility
- Management of Material Resources
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing
- Experience in managing Profit & Loss responsibilities for manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, forecasting, scheduling, real-time operations management, and coordination of people and resources.
Salary for this position is $90,000–$120,000
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid time off
- Vacation pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education