LeConte Recruiting Firm is working with a client in Virginia. This client is an hour outside of Roanoke in a rural area. If you are looking to get out of the city and enjoy a more peaceful way of life, this is your opportunity to locate an overnight Shift Production Supervisor for their manufacturing facility. The Production Supervisor will supervise all plant production activities on a specific shift. Responsible for meeting production schedules and standards, producing products following applicable customer requirements, and maintaining optimum production at the least possible cost. Supervises shift support personnel in the absence of department supervisors.
- Achieve production objectives in conjunction with the department and support staff.
- Develop departmental goals and implement action plans to attain these goals.
- Communicate objectives to subordinates and review departmental situations daily with staff.
- Coordinate activities to investigate problems and develop countermeasures.
- Motivate personnel to reach new goals regularly.
- Attain quality objectives by ensuring the teaching of Standard Practice, Working Standards, and Process Control Plan to subordinates.
- Coordinates the investigation and analysis of problems.
- Participate in the development of countermeasures to prevent recurrences, monitor departmental results, assure good housekeeping, and secure assistance for necessary resources to assist in problem-solving.
- Leads in the education of subordinates to assure knowledge and compliance to plant quality systems.
- Be a driver for all manufacturing operations including the safety, production efficiencies, quality, customer service, employee development and financial performance of the plant
- Hold the facility accountable by managing and executing plant processes to attain plant production and quality targets and ensuring the achievement of all unit Key Performance Indicators.
- Deliver continuous improvement ideas to improve processes that ensure safety, quality, cost, and customer service goals are met while propelling the plant and your career forward.
- Create and engage the team-oriented workforce to meet business demand
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of proven experience as a Production Supervisor
- Demonstrated success assessing, developing and retaining top talent
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities within a large and sophisticated manufacturing/production environment
- Ability to create and deliver strategic initiatives across the enterprise
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze and interpret data into actionable results
The salary for this position is $55,000–$65,000