LeConte Recruiting Firm is currently seeking a Quality Engineer for a client in North Carolina for their manufacturing facility.
- Ensure processes are working properly to required specifications from the customer.
- Oversees the manufacturing system that creates a product.
- Ensure the manufacturing process and other support processes run smoothly.
- Analyzes data by completing hypotheses, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Assist in investigations regarding product complaints and corrective/preventive actions.
- Provides assistance in preparing and implementing procedures and specifications.
- Creates and maintains appropriate validation documentation and files.
- Lead and provide support for Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects and daily activities that will support manufacturing, engineering and quality efforts.
- Follow a Six Sigma DMAIC road map to drive continuous performance improvements and cost reductions
- Complete root cause investigations and implements corrective actions and preventive actions by participating in problem-solving teams
- Be a key participant in the New Product Development process ensuring process rigor; completing all deliverables of the NPD process, and applying NPD principles to a large amount of custom, low volume/high mix business
- Support domestic or international Codes and Standards activities as required
- Support all initiatives relating to the cost of quality/cost of failure
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering or manufacturing area required
- Must have 5 to 7 years’ experience with the use and implementation of Quality concepts in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Required.
- Prior experience with the implementation and use of Statistical Process Control and Continuous Improvement Tools
- Must have experience in basic Metrology and Calibration.
- Certified Lead Auditor or ISO Auditor is a plus
- Supervisory and/or management experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
Salary for the position is $70,000-$80,000