LeConte Recruiting Firm has partnered in an Internationally known company to locate a Director of Supply Chain for their Illinois locations.
Responsible for contributing to the development of strategies, plans and operational guidelines to support the company's vision. Contributes to the development of policies and authorizes their implementation, ensuring the integration of corporate strategy and vision at the business unit and departmental levels. Acts as an idea generator, working with others as thought leaders and subject matter experts to create processes and tactics that drive the company to achieve overall business objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Creates and fosters a high-performance culture, directing the development of innovative processes and solutions to complex, organization-wide challenges.
- Directs and/or oversees processes and approaches, working with a long-term perspective. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Develops strategies, plans, and operational guidelines to support the company's vision for building stakeholder relationships within the Division.
- Directs the development of innovative approaches, processes, and solutions that support department and division strategies. Assesses, Identifies and evaluates fundamental issues, proving strategy and direction for major functional areas. Erroneous decisions may have a long term effect on the overall success of the business unit and potentially the company.
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management and/ or major stakeholders. Interactions require negotiation of critical matters. Acts as an influencer in policymaking. Acts as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions.
- Creates and fosters high-performance culture, focused on engagement, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Makes decisions about resource allocation (people and financial) within the scope of responsibility.
- Owns and manages relationships with third-party service providers, including partner selection, contract negotiation, and performance management. Has direct impact on short- and long-term results, divisional in scope. Makes resource and investment allocation decisions in support of the vision and strategy to satisfy customer needs.
- Provides advanced leadership, advice to the Organization, and addresses technical problems. Transfers knowledge across functions and Walgreen Co. Divisions in support of broad organizational goals.
- Champions company initiatives, connecting efforts to company vision and purpose and driving increased engagement. Consults at high levels within the organization, providing technical leadership and influence across the company.
- Monitors industry trends, best practices, and regulatory issues as they relate to the specific area(s) of responsibility and shares learnings, as appropriate, with direct reports and peers. verses formulation of operating guidelines that promote leadership, collaboration, and supports decision- making at the lowest appropriate level.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications for Director of Supply Chain"
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Finance (Masters Degree Preferred)
- 8 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- 12 years of experience in a supply chain role
- 8 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Must have deep hands-on experience with MASSIVE data sets.
- Must have operations experience in planning, distribution, inventory management.
- Owned a JDA system implementation or running JDA.
- Hands-on experience with retailers on CPG companies on supply chain system implementation and change improvement efforts.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Salary for this position is $180,000-$190,000