LeConte Recruiting Firm is working with a National Manufacturing company located in South Carolina to locate an Electrical Engineer.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product database by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Qualifications for the Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 + years of plant engineering experience
- Allen Bradley PLC Experience
- Experience in writing/developing/programming PLC's;
- Experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of A/C inverter drives and D/C drives
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (PLC 5, Control Logix), Siemens, and General Electric
- Working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications
- Working knowledge of power distribution equipment including sizing transformers, electrical feeders, and distribution gear for equipment loads from 120 up to 13,800 volts
The salary for the Electrical Engineer is $70,000-$110,000. The salary depends on years of experience.