LeConte Recruiting Firm is currently seeking a Controller for a large company in Atlanta, Georgia. The candidate that accepts this position will a chance to work with a large family-owned company that has operations in several states across the country.
Our client prioritizes dedication and hard work, and they also value a company culture that encourages fun and giving back to local communities! The company tries to cultivate a work hard, play hard culture that encourages their employees to perform to their fullest potential. Our client looks for and rewards commitment, innovation, creativity, and hard work in each of their team members because their success depends on it. The company believes in promoting from within, and the opportunity for growth is.
What your responsibilities will be in the position on a day to day basis:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Supervise the compilation and analysis of financial information in order to prepare monthly financial statements
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Work with senior management and Human Resources in the oversight of all personnel matters, including hiring, performance appraisals, and employee grievances with accounting staff
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- The administrator of Timberscan and review all Timberscan invoices according to established guidelines and policies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (Master's Degree preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in a Controller role.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- At least one year of Timberscan software experience
Salary is dependent on the candidate's amount of experience but is a more than competitive salary in the Atlanta Market. If you are interested in this position please answer the 12 questions below the job description and upload your most recent resume.
The company's benefits package includes:
- Medical insurance also provides preventative care
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Referral Program