LeConte Recruiting Firm is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for a manufacturing facility in Indiana
- Responsible for electrical expertise in single/multiple areas of the plant.
- Lead continuous improvement and corrective action activities & projects.
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- Manage major projects such as New Machine installation, upgrades, etc. The Projects range from $50K to $5M.
- Analyze project requirements, identify and address design parameters, engineering challenges and ensure solutions are implemented accurately, timely and within budget.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure on-time delivery of projects, meeting quality standards and within budget.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements, for all activities, are observed and implemented.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project scope of work and safety requirements, Bill of Materials and spare part requirements.
- Work closely with Automation Vendors and Manage External Contractors on Installations.
- Engineering drawing development. (Autodesk products)
- Project/Equipment Risk Assessment & Safety Countermeasure Implementation.
- Hardware design, PLC and HMI programming, VFDs, Servos, Control System Networking & Systems integration.
- Specification and procurement of electrical hardware and services.
- Machine FAT, IO check-out, Machine start-up, and commissioning.
Manufacturing Project Management
- Responsible for reaching an agreement with the customer on cost, schedule, and functionality for each new project
- Plans organize and control projects on a daily basis
- Responsible for meeting project goals on cost, schedule, and functionality
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinates the efforts of other engineers, technicians, plant personnel and contractors
- Responsible for coaching/mentoring other engineers and technicians
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 7 years experience in Electrical Engineering including “hands-on” PLC Programming Experience (prefer Allen Bradley)
- Experience in writing/developing/programming PLCs and controls design.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Industrial controls and electrical systems.
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs) and servo motion control.
- Must be available to travel 40-45%
Salary for the position is $70,000-$100,000 with 10% Annual Bonus