LeConte Recruiting Firm is working with a manufacturing company in Salt Lake City, Utah to locate a Process Safety Engineer.
This is a position requiring a higher level of thinking and is designed to help an individual grow, develop and take on more skills within the organization. The position will be responsible for implementing and supporting process safety regulations such as OSHA's PSM Program and creating training courses as SOP’s are developed.
• BS degree in Engineering (Chemical preferred) with 5 years’ experience
• Some familiarity with safety regulations (PSM, RMP, etc.)
• Some familiarity with industrial codes/standards (NFPA, ICC, etc.)
• AutoCAD LT skills or the ability to learn
• Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
• Ability to see the 'big picture' and skills to motivate others towards that picture
• Not afraid of change, willingness to modify programs as better ideas are proposed
• Take constructive criticism and use it to improve existing programs
• Strong work ethic and desire to strive for continuous improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Assist in the development of all Process Safety Information (P&ID's, PFD's, Process Chemistry, etc.)
• Assist in preparation of PHA's and participate in HAZOP's
• Work with Operations and Maintenance to develop and improve SOP's
• Coordinate mechanical integrity inspections with contractors
• Manage the CMMS/EAM for equipment and preventative maintenance accuracy
• Manage the training software program and assist in the development and improvement of the employee training program
• Assist engineering incorrectly completing MOC and PSSR paperwork
• Participate and lead compliance audits
• Manage the Action Tracking database
• Support the project and process engineers in helping drive PSM recommendations to completion
• Develop metrics and reports
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical preferred).
2. 5+ years of process experience in a chemical manufacturing or similar environment.
3. Some familiarity with safety regulations (PSM, RMP, etc.).
4. Some familiarity with industrial codes/standards (NFPA, ICC, etc.)