LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed by some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy that enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
The LeapYear system is composed of a core set of components that allow private machine learning on data sets that can scale to petabytes. The system includes private algorithms for relational operations, statistical methods and machine learning. A data scientist accesses private data using a Python API. Administration is provided via a web-based GUI or an API.
LeapYear's platform team builds the services that allow our product to integrate with complex enterprise environments and operate effectively on our customers’ most sensitive data.
The platform includes services for authentication, access control, logging, auditing and support for integration of data from a variety of data sources including SQL/NoSQL Databases, HDFS and S3. Queries are processed using Spark to support to enable fast, distributed processing of massive data sets. The services are primarily written in Haskell, with Python, Scala, and Java used as additional supporting languages.
As team lead, you will be a player-coach who writes code every day and drives critical architecture decisions. You'll also support your team with prioritization, planning, retrospectives, and mentoring, and work closely with product managers and solutions architects
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
- Hold primary accountability for platform features, from prioritization to design to release
- Lead by example, and foster a culture of openness, customer-centricity, and accountability
- Develop green-field systems and scale existing services to support large scale deployments.
- Own the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Partner with product management to define problems and identify iterative solutions
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision, and continue to strike this balance as your team and company grow rapidly
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and shared responsibility for testing
- Experience building distributed systems with an emphasis on modularity, scale, reliability and flexibility.
- 3+ years of technical leadership
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and big data technologies like Spark and/or Hadoop.
- Acquainted with and interested in functional programming (Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang, Scala).
- Experience developing for on-premise enterprise deployments
- Professional experience with functional programming
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship