LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed with some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy which enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
Working with Haskell and Spark, LeapYear's platform team builds the services and systems that allow our product to integrate with complex enterprise environments and operate effectively on our customer's most sensitive data.
We are looking for platform engineers that have a track record of developing enterprise-ready features for technical end users, including logging, auditing, authentication, access controls, rigorous security, flexible deployment, integrations, and support for diverse data sources.
As team lead, you will be a player-coach that writes code every day and drives critical architecture decisions. You'll also support your team with prioritization, planning, retrospectives, and mentoring, and work closely with executives from product management, solutions architecture, and operations.
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
You can also view this page
from our internal team handbook laying out expectations for engineering team leads.Responsibilities
- Hold primary accountability for platform features, from prioritization to design to release
- Lead by example, and foster a culture of openness, customer-centricity, and accountability
- Provide continuous feedback, recognition, and challenges for your team, factoring in their long-term career arc
- Develop greenfield systems and scale existing services to support internet-scale deployments.
- Own the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Partner with product management to define problems and identify iterative solutions
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision, and continue to strike this balance as your team and company grow rapidly
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and shared responsibility for testing
- 3+ years of technical leadership, building and growing teams
- 7+ years of professional experience writing production code
- Experience at startups and growth-stage tech companies
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Acquainted with and interested in functional programming (Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang, Scala)
- Track record of delivering high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience developing for on-premise enterprise deployments
- Professional experience with functional programming
- Prior experience developing production-level Spark applications or machine learning platforms
- Experience with ODBC/JDBC databases, AWS, CircleCI
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch and dinner every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Free yoga and meditation classes at a world-class studio downstairs
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship