LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed with some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy which enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
Working with Haskell and Spark, LeapYear's platform team builds the services and systems that allow our product to integrate with complex enterprise environments and operate effectively on our customer's most sensitive data.
We are looking for platform engineers that have a track record of developing enterprise-ready features for technical end users, including logging, auditing, authentication, access controls, rigorous security, flexible deployment, integrations, and support for diverse data sources.
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
- Develop greenfield systems and scale existing services to support internet-scale deployments.
- Own the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Partner with product management to define problems and identify iterative solutions
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and shared responsibility for testing
- 7+ years of professional experience writing production code
- Acquainted with and interested in functional programming (Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang, Scala)
- Track record of delivering high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience developing for on-premise enterprise deployments
- Professional experience with functional programming
- Prior experience developing production-level Spark applications or machine learning platforms
- Experience with ODBC/JDBC databases, AWS, CircleCI
- Lifelong learners and mentors
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch and dinner every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Free yoga and meditation classes at a world-class studio downstairs
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship