LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed with some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy which enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
LeapYear's Infrastructure team builds the tools that build our software and scales our test infrastructure such that all developers can contribute to automated test suites. For deployments of LeapYear, Infrastructure engineers write sophisticated, parameterized installers for enterprise environments, and automate deployment into cloud environments.
We are looking for versatile problem solvers that are interested in developer productivity, automation, and cloud infrastructure.
- Develop greenfield systems and scale existing build system, deployment methods, and cloud infrastructure
- Own the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Conduct and automate concurrency testing, scale testing, and testing of differentially private machine learning algorithms
- Partner with product management to define problems and identify iterative solutions
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and shared responsibility for testing
- 4+ years of general software programming experience, including regular use of major scripting languages (Shell, Python, Ruby)
- Advanced knowledge of at least one infrastructure automation tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Salt, or Puppet
- Good understanding of Linux systems administration, command line tools, and various distributions of Linux (Centos, Red Hat).
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools (CircleCI preferred)
- Experience with services provided by AWS, Azure, or GCP (AWS preferred)
- System admin experience, preferable enterprise experience
- Experience with administering and running Hadoop and Spark clusters
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Maven, Bazel, Gradle, or other modern build systems
- Acquainted with and interested in functional programming (Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang, Scala)
- Experience testing the results of statistical analysis, preferably machine learning.
A few of the perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch and dinner every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Free yoga and meditation classes at a world-class studio downstairs
- Relocation support