LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed by some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy that enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
The LeapYear system is composed of a core set of components that allow private machine learning on data sets that can scale to petabytes. The system includes private algorithms for relational operations, statistical methods and machine learning. A data scientist accesses private data using a Python API. Administration is provided via a web-based GUI or an API.
Working with React, Typescript, and GraphQL, LeapYear's full stack applications team builds the web applications that enable data scientists and data administrators to operate effectively on our customer's most sensitive data.
We are looking for software engineers that have a track record of developing enterprise-ready features for technical end users, including data analytics workflows, enterprise collaboration features, and data management.
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
- Develop the front-end and back-end of all LeapYear web applications for data scientists and data administrators
- Run the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Collaborate with product management to create an intuitive experience for our users, giving them insight into sensitive data and powerful tools to work with data
- Develop enterprise-ready features and integrations to meet the needs of the world's largest organizations
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
- Represent complex, novel concepts from machine learning and cryptography in an intuitive way
- Learn new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Several years of experience developing full-stack web applications from UX design to client-server interaction to data manipulation.
- Professional experience with React, and familiarity with the rest of our tech stack (GraphQL, Typescript, CSS3)
- Experience building server-side APIs
- Interest or experience with functional programming paradigms
- Clear opinions on testing, CI/CD, and engineering process
- Strong willingness to learn and evaluate new technologies
- Experience integrating web applications with enterprise systems
- Experience prototyping using Sketch/Figma/Invision
- Experience with Cypress for testing
- Experience with JupyterLab
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Experience developing software for data analysis, machine learning, or data management
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship