Operations Analyst, iQueue for Infusion Centers
LeanTaaS is a fast-growing healthcare predictive analytics company that uses sophisticated math and lean principles to make healthcare providers more efficient through mobile and web SAAS tools.
● Our technology helps millions of people wait less at hospitals and specialty clinics across the country.
● Our customers include some of the nation’s largest hospitals, with more than half of the top 40 Cancer Centers in the United States relying on our iQueue line of products.
● Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Georgia Tech, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
● We are a Series B company backed by many prominent investors in the healthcare space.
As an Operations Analyst, you will:
● Work closely with the Product/Implementation team to support the successful launch and ongoing maintenance of iQueue for Infusion Centers for both new and existing customers, including through activities such as
○ collaborating with customers and internal team members to schedule meetings and coordinate data collection,
○ performing diagnostic analysis of appointment data,
○ troubleshooting data quality issues,
○ using our optimization algorithm and simulation tools to generate and evaluate scheduling templates.
● Monitor internal delivery milestones to ensure timely delivery.
● Monitor customer application usage to determine opportunities for engagement to increase the value our customers receive from iQueue for Infusion Centers.
● Monitor internal support tools and serve as the first point of contact for customer issues, routing them to the correct internal contact.
● Help to test product functionality to ensure that it is error-free.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Job experience or coursework in mathematics/statistics, engineering/physics, or econ.
Our products are data products, so a quantitative background is critical to success in this role.
• Reliability—Be extraordinarily reliable. Every time.
• Ability to work effectively within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced, diverse and evolving environment.
Nice to have:
• Experience working on healthcare products/working with hospitals.
• Experience working with enterprise software products.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
What You’ll Get
● Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment.
● Advancement opportunities along varied career paths.
● The opportunity to build relationships with our team - veteran entrepreneurs, investors, and smart people with great networks.
● All the perks - market salary, equity, bonuses, standard benefits, free lunch & more.
● Last but not least, the satisfaction of making a real impact in an important space with some nice, fun-oriented people.