Help Build Software Products That Transform Healthcare
LeanTaaS is a fast growing healthcare predictive analytics company that uses sophisticated math and lean principles to make healthcare providers more efficient.
- Our technology helps millions of people wait less at hospitals and specialty clinics across the country.
- Our customers include some of the nation’s leading hospitals including Stanford, NewYork-Presbyterian, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and more.
- Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
- We are a Series C funded company backed by one of the largest venture funds focused exclusively on high-growth software companies
We are a fast moving organization that operates under the following 4 guiding principles:
- One Team
- Scrappy, repeatable execution
- Customer First
- Continuous Learning and Innovation
The Director of Sales Operations supports the achievement of LeanTaaS’ revenue goals and strategic objectives by providing senior management with operational support around sales reporting, forecasting, sales compensation and quotas, sales training, analysis, and actionable recommendations. This role works closely with the Head of Sales, the Director of Marketing, and reports directly to the CFO and is based solely out of Santa Clara, CA.
Key Job Responsibilities
Metrics, Forecasting, Reporting
- Provide the leadership team and sales/marketing teams with ongoing analysis and measurement for pipeline, goal setting, revenue growth, forecasting, lead generation, and general business performance
- Leveraging existing reporting that has been built using Hubspot, Tableau, Excel, and any other systems necessary to ensure a seamless customer journey, supported by clean data and reporting between all stages.
- Partner with marketing to manage how leads flow into the sales automation tools; collaborate on lead management processes and metrics, database health, targeting & segmentation plans, and marketing alignment with sales operations.
- Work directly with key revenue team leaders across Marketing, Sales, and the Product Management Delivery Team to identify strategic and operational business insights and high-priority objectives as we enter our next phase of growth.
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company (i.e.working in tandem with Finance)
Sales Productivity and Process (Full-Funnel)
- Collaborates with marketing leadership to model, forecast, and report on lead generation activities to ensure that sales goals can be achieved. This includes working with marketing to develop targets and KPIs, to implement a "single source of truth" for full-funnel reporting, and to establish SLAs between the sales and marketing organizations that can be monitored and measured on a regular basis.
- Develop the ongoing processes for QA, maintenance, and enhancement of marketing, sales, and customer databases: process, standards, access control, documentation, etc.
- Develop new ways to mine our contact and account data to support and guide sales and marketing strategy. Identify gaps in our contact, account, and customer data and implement practices that ensure data quality.
- Analyzes all aspects of sales data and rep productivity data, and provides actionable recommendations. This analysis includes all facets of the data, ranging from opportunity and pipeline analysis to sales velocity to rep performance and beyond.
- Works closely with sales management to improve sales processes and to drive consistency across the sales organization. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Develops a framework and process with the Head of Sales for staff meetings and manages agenda, attendees, notes, and helps in facilitation of the meetings and in holding others accountable for deliverables.
- Drive the identification of sales target accounts in the CRM, segmentation using an ABM methodology, and develop an optimized plan and report on sales/BDR adherence to call plan. Ensure that IDN accounts and parent-child mapping is accurate as needed; partner with Marketing around deduplication and assignment of contacts to the correct accounts.
Territory Planning, Quotas, Compensation
- Develops territory coverage models on an ongoing basis (as the company grows) to maximize sales productivity including assessment of existing book of business, market size and total addressable market across segments.
- Leads the process for the development and execution of equitable quotas, and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales segments and territories by aligning existing and prospective accounts and coordinating with all internal stakeholders.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs. Working with Legal, Finance, and Human Resources, assists with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Establishes sales compensation programs, rules, policies, procedures, and works with Finance to ensures timely and accurate commission processing
CRM and Technology
- Design and implement accurate systems to manage the opportunities, pipeline, and forecasts
- Administer CRM and build automation and scalability into our sales infrastructure by leveraging Hubspot Enterprise CRM and other sales enablement technology, including evaluation and selection of vendors. Develop training, communication and support plans that influence Sales Managers and Business Development Reps adoption of sales efficiency tools. Champion ongoing compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies across the sales organization
- Be maniacally obsessed with data quality, accuracy, and scalability by making the CRM the single source of truth for all sales & finance reporting.
- Be the primary point of contact for all tool- and process-related questions from the sales team, supporting them around questions on tools such as CRM/sales tech, Tableau, reporting, and other Sales Operations deliverables.
- Works with the marketing organization to integrate any technology solutions to ensure completeness and accuracy of data and reporting throughout the sales and marketing funnel and to ensure marketing and sales activities are aligned.
- Identifies, assesses, and implements all enabling technologies for the sales team (e.g. Definitive Healthcare, LinkedIn Navigator, ZoomInfo, etc.) Works with management to optimize the effectiveness and usage of all technology investments.
- Partners and aligns with Engineering/IT teams to ensure that all technologies abide with any company-wide requirements for security and integration requirements.
- Works with the appropriate stakeholders to onboard new sales hires and coordinate all new and ongoing sales training initiatives (ranging from education on products to processes)
- Helps to develop playbooks and messaging with marketing/sales enablement and ensures that all CRM/Technology takes into account any training programs.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Is able to partner well with the senior leadership team including the Head of Sales, Director of Marketing, Director of Product Marketing and others in helping to drive a cohesive and successful sales strategy and sales organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and resolve conflict across different functional areas.
- Accountable for the implementation, ongoing maintenance, and data accuracy of the CRM.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting and sales data analysis.
- Accountable for the development and timely rollout of quotas and performance objectives for the sales team.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation and monitoring of sales organization initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources for the sales organization.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in sales operations, business planning, strategic planning, or sales support
- This experience should include working with both inside and field sales organizations.
- This experience should include working with fast growing enterprise SaaS companies achieving rapid year-over-year growth
- Expertise in a major CRM/Marketing Automation system such as Salesforce, Hubspot, etc; including standard objects (Campaigns, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities) and integrated applications. Experience connecting, managing and auditing integrated apps.
- Comfortable with quantitative models, drawing insights from large and complex datasets and translating those into actionable strategies and reporting on results.
- Ability to independently lead projects and independently scope, prioritize and execute initiatives while working with other leaders cross-functionally.
- Experience working in the areas of strategy, organizational design, process optimization and go-to-market strategy.
- Proven ability to be successful in a complex, fast-paced environment, planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level.
- Experience supporting sales into large Healthcare customers a plus.
- Expert level skills using Excel for data analysis and modeling is a must have
- Experience using Tableau for data analysis and report creation is a nice to have
What You'll Get
- Experience working cross functionally within the go-to-market team in a fast-paced startup environment.
- The opportunity to work with some of the leading hospitals and healthcare systems in the country
- The opportunity to build relationships with our team - veteran entrepreneurs, investors, and smart people with great networks.
- All the perks - market salary, equity, bonuses, standard benefits, free lunch, flexible hours & more.
- Last but not least, the satisfaction of making a real impact in an important space with some nice, fun-oriented people.