Help build technology that saves lives!
We're a fast growing healthcare tech company that uses data science and machine learning to make our hospitals more efficient.
- More than 70 hospital systems including some of the nation's largest rely on our products to improve patient access and lower wait times.
- We've raised $75+ million dollars from prominent investors in healthcare.
- Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
- CBInsights recently named us among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
About the Role
You will manage a team of 20 engineers in one of our product engineering groups that's growing fast. Depending on your strengths and experience, this could be an EM or Senior EM or Director. There are 3 key pillars of this role: 1) Technical guidance and systems design, 2) People leadership and management, and 3) Product strategy and execution.
You will be involved in the following:
- Product Planning: Work closely with PM on refining product roadmaps and set monthly / weekly goals.
- Sprint Execution: Ensure that sprints start and run on time; check in and unblock engineers as needed; ship releases on time.
- Technical Direction: Help team members think through problems and come up with elegant solutions w/ the right trade offs and considerations.
- Design and Code Reviews: Own and be accountable for good architecture and code quality w/ structured design and code reviews.
- Architecture Research: Dig into architectural components and changes needed to support product needs and ensure we have a good foundation to build on top of.
- Hiring and Coaching: Recruit good engineers, mentor and coach them and help them grow.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years coding experience working in a team environment shipping production code, or a strong record of developing self-initiated, complex web services.
- 3+ years experience managing engineers
- Strong practical knowledge of databases/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of core Java, OOP concepts, data structures.
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and web service architectures in general.
- Deep curiosity to understand how things work and own and solve problems.
- Passion for clean, modular, and readable code.
- Effective communication, collaboration, and organization skills.
Nice if you have:
- Experience working on enterprise analytics products.
- Experience working on AWS with a CI/CD deployment process using Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Healthcare experience is a plus (PHI, HL7, FHIR, etc.)