Help build technology that saves lives!
LeanTaaS is a fast growing healthcare predictive analytics company that uses sophisticated math and lean principles to make healthcare providers more efficient.
- Our technology helps millions of people wait less at hospitals and specialty clinics across the country.
- Our customers include some of the nation’s largest hospitals including Stanford, NewYork-Presbyterian, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and more.
- Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
- We are a Series C company backed by multiple prominent investors in the healthcare space.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to grow one of our product teams. Our Engineering Managers have a strong technical DNA and are good with (and passionate about) people. They are very hands on - they understand the product deeply and influence roadmaps, provide technical guidance via design reviews and code reviews and architectural direction, and coach and manage engineers.
- Product Planning: Work closely with PM on refining product roadmaps and set monthly / weekly goals.
- Sprint Execution: Ensure that sprints start and run on time; check in and unblock engineers as needed; ship releases on time.
- Technical Direction: Help team members think through problems and come up with elegant solutions w/ the right trade offs and considerations.
- Design and Code Reviews: Own and be accountable for good architecture and code quality w/ structured design and code reviews.
- Architecture Research: Dig into architectural components and changes needed to support product needs and ensure we have a good foundation to build on top of.
- Hiring and Coaching: Recruit good engineers, mentor and coach them and help them grow.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years coding experience working in a team environment shipping production code, or a strong record of developing self-initiated, complex web services.
- 2+ years experience managing engineers
- Strong practical knowledge of databases/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of core Java, OOP concepts, data structures.
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and web service architectures in general.
- Deep curiosity to understand how things work and own and solve problems.
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and readable code.
- Good communication, collaboration, and organization skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on enterprise analytics products.
- Experience working on AWS with a CI/CD deployment process using Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Healthcare experience is a plus (PHI, HL7, FHIR, etc.)