Help Save Lives with Math!
Note: This position is located in Charlotte, North Carolina
LeanTaaS is a fast growing healthcare predictive analytics company that uses sophisticated math and lean principles to make healthcare providers more efficient.
- Our technology helps millions of people wait less at hospitals and specialty clinics across the country.
- Our customers include some of the nation’s largest hospitals including Stanford, NewYork-Presbyterian, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and more.
- Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
- We are a Series C company backed by multiple prominent investors in the healthcare space.
LeanTaaS is looking for extraordinary data scientists for our Charlotte, North Carolina office. The Data Scientist role involves working on all stages of the data science pipeline, from acquiring and munging data, selecting appropriate models and algorithms and/or deriving custom algorithms, to testing and evaluating these algorithms and models and incorporating them into commercial products. She/He will work with a team of Data Scientists to create bleeding edge analytic technology. This is a chance to get in early with a rapidly growing Silicon Valley company and to participate in developing the next generation of truly game-changing, healthcare-related products. This is a mid/senior level position assuming 1-3+ years of prior experience.
- Analyze various data sets and build sophisticated mathematical/statistical models
- Design and optimize algorithms to achieve the best solutions
- Work with data analysts, software engineers, and product managers to contribute on building and implementing models.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an advanced degree in a STEM discipline
- Experience using Python, R and SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills from data exploration > hypothesis development > hypothesis testing > production-ready models
- Knowledge of optimization techniques
- Experience analyzing data sets, building mathematical/statistical models and/or optimization algorithms
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
A person with:
- A passion for data science and problem-solving in general
- The skill and motivation to take a high-level idea and see it through to completion with minimal supervision
- The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up atmosphere
- A pragmatic approach to problem-solving, combined with the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving objectives
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and display grace under pressure
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)