LeanTaaS is a fast growing healthcare predictive analytics company that uses sophisticated math and lean principles to make healthcare providers more efficient.
- Our technology helps millions of people wait less at hospitals and specialty clinics across the country.
- Our customers include some of the nation’s leading hospitals including Stanford, NewYork-Presbyterian, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and more.
- Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, Cornell, and more.
- We are a Series C funded company backed by one of the largest venture funds focused exclusively on high-growth software companies
We are a fast moving organization that operates under the following 4 guiding principles:
- One Team
- Scrappy, repeatable execution
- Customer First
- Continuous Learning and Innovation
As a Business Development Representative for LeanTaaS, you are ambitious and enjoy both working independently and collaboratively with your smart, outgoing, resourceful teammates. You are comfortable alternating between quiet, efficient research, energetic cold calls, methodical follow-up, and big-picture strategic thinking about our customers and products. You can energetically work office hours corresponding with Healthcare employee schedules (7am+ in your target time zone(s) with minimum of 40-hour work week). This role is based solely out of Charlotte, NC.
Your fundamental responsibility is to research, engage, and generate new qualified sales leads. You will target specific contacts in key roles at healthcare provider accounts, and attempt to generate interest in our products and gain their interest in meeting with a member of our Sales team.
- Aggressively hunt for new contacts within target accounts and follow-up on inbound leads in a professional manner through a variety of means (e.g., conferences, webinars, LinkedIn, industry lists etc.)
- Set appointments with key decision-makers and senior, C-level executives using social media, cold calls, and email; to be measured by weekly and monthly metrics.
- Cheerfully learn new skills and information “on the fly.
- Use HubSpot CRM to:
- Record data gathered by actively listening to prospective clients, using consultative methods to fully understand and track information about their org, uncover their problems, and identify impact areas.
- Follow-up systematically on communications, tracking each interaction in HubSpot.
- Become a subject matter expert and acquire ongoing intelligence by seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources.
- Develop conversations with target prospects to identify key decision-makers and get prospects to the next level of engagement
- Demonstrate knowledge of LeanTaaS product offerings and value proposition.
- Meet monthly and quarterly objectives, and partner with the sales team for overall team revenue goals
- Attend industry conferences as needed
Our ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills in person, in writing, and on the phone; is comfortable with using social media; is curious and insightful about business strategy; and is experienced with and interested in healthcare trends and best practices.
- Has a demonstrated ability to initiate, establish, and nurture meaningful business relationships remotely via email and over the phone.
- Previous SaaS sales or relevant healthcare sales experience is preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience, either in a clinical setting or selling into healthcare accounts.
- Has previously worked as part of a multi-site inside/field sales team.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: ambitious, curious, innovative, collaborative, team player. You are never satisfied with mediocrity.
- 6 months to 2 years or more of inside and/or outside experience with cold calling experience is preferred.
- Experience using a CRM system, LinkedIn, and healthcare database resources (HIMSS, Definitive Healthcare, etc.)
- Experience working on a performance-based compensation structure.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, polished presentation skills.
- Ability to energetically work office hours that fit customers’ schedules (7am+ in target time zone(s)).
- Are coachable, implement feedback, and are dedicated to consistent self-improvement.
- Can operate cheerfully with newly-defined processes that may require refinement and collaboration to optimize.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree or relevant sales experience.
- Adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
- Strong executive presence with clear evidence of managing executive relationships in the past
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities simultaneously
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to develop long-term business relationships
- Excellent presentation and follow up skills via phone and webinars
- Understanding of basic sales performance metrics
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly-defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Must possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Tech Savviness
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in G-Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail)
- Experience using a CRM (HubSpot or Salesforce preferred)
- General proficiency and willingness to learn any new SaaS based software/tools that are needed
- Experience using a MacBook is preferred but not required
- Ability to listen to customers and tailor future correspondence to address their needs
- A strong hustler with a “never give up” attitude
- BS or BA in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate a dependable work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed to meet company objectives.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic business environment.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Goal oriented, with capacity and drive to reach and exceed quotas
- Demonstrated cold calling sales ability, with assertive, positive and persistent style
- Proven customer service skills
- Aptitude for acquiring sales skills and product knowledge