Help build technology that saves lives!
We're a fast growing healthcare tech company that uses data science and machine learning to make our hospitals more efficient.
- More than 70 hospital systems including some of the nation's largest rely on our products to improve patient access and lower wait times.
- We've raised $75+ million dollars from prominent investors in healthcare.
- Our team includes veteran executives and the brightest minds from Google, McKinsey, Stanford, MIT, Duke, Berkeley, UIUC, and more.
- CBInsights recently named us among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
About the Role
Our backend engineers collaborate closely with product managers and data scientists to design and implement web services and distributed systems that power our products. Their mission is to build reliable, scalable, and secure systems that support our user experience needs. Based on experience this could be a Software Engineer or a Senior Software Engineer.
You'll be doing the following:
- Work closely with Product Managers and fellow engineers on planning, designing, and shipping product features in an agile, fast paced environment.
- Develop backend components and RESTful services in Java using the Java Play framework.
- Own product quality - test thoroughly, write good unit tests, QA automation friendly code.
- Own code quality - write clean, modular code; leave things better than they were before.
- Own production launches - collaborate with DevOps and Security on building, deploying, and debugging code and ensure things run smoothly.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience working in a team environment shipping production code, or a strong record of developing self-initiated, complex web applications.
- Strong practical knowledge of databases/SQL.
- Strong knowledge of core Java, OOP concepts, data structures.
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and web service architectures in general.
- Deep curiosity to understand how things work and own and solve problems.
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and readable code.
- Good communication, collaboration, and organization skills.
Nice if you have:
- Experience working on enterprise analytics products.
- Experience with Java Play or some Java web development framework.
- Experience working on AWS with a CI/CD deployment process using Jenkins, Docker, Nginx, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Healthcare experience is a plus (PHI, HL7, FHIR, etc.)