This role is available to highly qualified remote workers and local South Florida candidates.
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a South Florida-based Startup Studio, founded in 2014 with no external investment and a mission to build and scale digital brands. Most recently a winner of the SFBJ Best Place to Work Award and named to the Inc. 1000 list for consistent revenue growth. We own and operate a portfolio of direct-to-consumer brands and use our marketing and technical expertise to reach millions of consumers.
While our headquarters is in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida
, we have a unique, international team distributed across several countries, and are a pioneering advocate of remote work
. There is a lot to look forward to!
- Work directly with the founding team, 4 Internet Execs who successfully developed and scaled double-digit million dollar online businesses from the ground up
- Hands-on training & mentorship with career growth across departments and brands
- Company-wide profit-sharing
PERSONAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 100% company-paid dental and life Insurance
- Monthly health insurance stipend and elective vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off policies including an additional 10 paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid time off for maternity leave
- Annual company retreats with the global team
- High-performing, transparent, and respectful team culture
- Dog-friendly workplace, we love dogs!
Launch Potato relies on analytics that bring visibility and control to all teams, including marketing, product, analytics, engineering, social, and customer service, among others. You’ll interact with these teams to understand reporting requirements, then bring data from various data silos together into one effectively managed data warehouse.
By optimizing data models, you’ll enrich the team’s understanding of how we acquire users, how users engage, and how we can most quickly identify new opportunities to grow our businesses.
You’ll work with a variety of technologies on a day-to-day basis, including Redshift, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic MapReduce (AWS), ElasticSearch, and Hadoop. If you want to lead data engineering for multiple high-traffic, growing digital businesses, this is the job you want.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Building scalable, efficient Data and ETL processes so that bugs are caught before they reach the larger team
- Enhancing our existing database analysis and monitoring infrastructure
- Routinely audit data loading process and monitor data anomalies
- Managing data warehouse solutions, working with engineering to consume tracking data, developing a flexible data model for unstructured data while optimizing dependency structures
- Staying updated on industry best practices, advocate for data quality, and ultimately grow and develop a team of data engineers
- Working with internal teams to QA all partners’ incoming data
- Maintaining and enhancing scalable web-based visualization tools, we use Looker
- Performing routine maintenance on production database systems
- Working with engineering team members to review DDL, perform production database modifications, write stored procedures, and help optimize queries
- Working closely with cross-department teams to keep data flowing and ensure the proper tracking and tools are used for new development
- Creating and documenting scalable data and ETL processes, never assuming certain intricacies aren’t important
- Acting as an internal primary point of contact for all reporting; performing ad hoc queries and data analysis requests as needed
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- At least 20,160 hrs of hands-on experience in ETL & Data engineering, managing data at scale, specifically with distributed systems
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Strong Linux skills and experience
- Experience with machine-learning infrastructure
- Expertise in data normalization and how usage of such things can impact performance positively and negatively
- Familiarity with Redshift, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic MapReduce (AWS), ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Apache, Spark, and PrestoDB
Want to be part of a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.