This role is available to highly qualified remote workers and local South Florida candidates.
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a South Florida-based Startup Studio, founded in 2014 with no external investment and a mission to build and scale digital brands. Most recently a winner of the SFBJ Best Place to Work Award and named to the Inc. 1000 list for consistent revenue growth. We own and operate a portfolio of direct-to-consumer brands and use our marketing and technical expertise to reach millions of consumers.
While our headquarters is in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida
, we have a unique, international team distributed across several countries, and are a pioneering advocate of remote work
. There is a lot to look forward to!
- Work directly with the founding team, 4 Internet Execs who successfully developed and scaled double-digit million dollar online businesses from the ground up
- Hands-on training & mentorship with career growth across departments and brands
- Company-wide profit-sharing
PERSONAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
- 100% company-paid dental and life Insurance
- Monthly health insurance stipend and elective vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off policies including an additional 10 paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid time off for maternity leave
- Annual company retreats with the global team
- High-performing, transparent, and respectful team culture
- Dog-friendly workplace, we love dogs!
As a full-time Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll have an opportunity to focus on development for multiple consumer-facing digital brands that interact with millions of people. You’ll be working with our global engineering team to help push the business forward in critical areas.
As a passionate, humble and self-motivated developer that sweats the small stuff, you'll have the ability to improve our growing products incrementally. This is an excellent position for someone who thrives working in creative environments. You should have experience hacking existing frameworks, and have no problem building your own.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Designing and developing across product projects, while collaborating with the Creative & Engineering teams.
- Learning the business side of multiple products to better develop ideal solutions.
- Timely delivery of quality front-end components, projects, etc ensuring an exceptional user experience
- Solving cross-browser/application issues with a positive attitude, and more importantly, identifying and creatively resolving coding challenges to work around them
- Execute in-code visual design decisions to ship code faster
- Proactively communicate progress and challenges to the team
- Research changing trends so you can contribute and teach our team
- Knowing how to find the middle ground between "perfect, but takes forever to code" and "fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did"
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Python, Django, AWS. PostgreSQL and testing
- You recognize the importance of quality, tested code; You write tests and feel confident in doing so
- You have documented, understandable and predictable code
- Ability to self-start on projects with little direction while sticking to team deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented and precise in code, communication, and documentation
- Pragmatic problem-solver, knowing how to find the middle ground between "perfect, but takes forever to code" and "fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did"
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Insight to know what's important and the dedication to get it done
- Clear and concise communicator with excellent collaboration skills
Extra points for:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related study area
- Analytics and tracking platforms (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Snowplow, email platforms)
- Ad Serving Technology and Tags (Google Adsense, Adzerk)
- Strong command-line skills
Want to be part of a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.