DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The mission of the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) is to provide Aerospace Medicine Training, Education, and Consultation to Enhance Warfighter Performance and Combat Casualty Care for Worldwide Operations in Garrison and War. It is the center for aeromedical education, training, and consultation in direct support of USAF, DOD, and in operations. USAFSAM provides peacetime and contingency support in hyperbaric, human performance, clinical and environmental health, expeditionary medical support, and aeromedical evacuation. This effort includes tasks and activities to be performed by the contractor in support of USAFSAM Aeromedical Consultation Service Internal Medicine Branch (USAFSAM/FECI). The candidate shall provide direct administrative and technical support to FECI with day to day operations, patient case review processing/scheduling, and management of FECI calendar.
DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The candidate shall have...
- Three (3) years of experience as an administrative assistant preferably in the medical science fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) in addition to Adobe Acrobat X.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in advanced typing skills.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The candidate shall...
- Gather and summarize information from files and documents for professional staff review or other staff members in responding to inquiries.
- Perform administrative activities to include answering telephones; send and receive faxes; composing routine, nontechnical correspondence; proofreads/edits correspondence and documents for correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and format, and maintain/update FECI clinical databases and records as necessary.
- Coordinate with military and civilian medical clinics in the acquisition of medical records on aircrew and special dutymembers.
- Maintain FECI patient records in accordance withestablished regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate all travel, arrange transportation and lodging, assist in the preparation of travel orders, and submit travel vouchers for the Internal Medicine Branch utilizing the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Coordinate with the USAFSAM aeromedical library in acquiring books, articles, and/or journals in support of FECI clinical andresearch operations.
- Maintain current listing of and coordinate the acquisitionof office supplies with approval and oversight provided by FECI supplycustodian.
- Assure confidentiality of documents, communications and data (i.e., follow HIPPA and IRB requirements) related to teaching, clinical consultations, and research.