DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
This effort includes tasks and activities to be performed by the candidate in support of the USAF Medical Service Elite Performance Initiative Center program at the 347th Rescue Group, Moody Air Force Base GA.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The candidate shall have...
- An active security clearance
- Master’s degree in sports medicine or athletic training
- Five (5) years of professional experience working with high level athletes and/or tactical personnel
- Certification from the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- Knowledge and experience in Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Level II.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, ACCESS, and Advanced Excel functions
DESCRIPTION OF CERTIFICATIONS DESIRED
The candidate shall...
- Be a registered Physical Therapist with a current state or US territory licensure
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties Sports Specialist Certification
- Have Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Be a Certified Health Fitness Specialist (HFS) through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Be a National Academy of Sports Medicine Performance Exercise Specialist
- Have Functional Movement Systems/Functional Movement Screening Certification
- Be a Certified Exercise Physiologist (CES)
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The candidate shall...
- Assist physician(s) assigned to or overseeing EPIC units with Airmen evaluations, exercise and injury prevention programs, and treatment with-in scope of certification and/or licensing, and approval by the Medical Group Commander.
- Perform physical therapy modalities under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Be knowledgeable, trained, and certified to perform myofascial trigger point dry needling.
- Create strength training and/or conditioning programs.
- Instruct and counsel Airmen regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and human performance maintenance.
- Coordinate and oversee fitness of Airmen.
- Ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual Airmen needs.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program for the EPIC unit.
- Facilitate and instruct Airman to enhance their general knowledge of athletic training modalities, sports medicine concepts, injury prevention strategies, self- rehabilitative techniques, and functional movement assessment, in order to develop independence of action and allow participation in their own fitness prescriptions.
- Provide neuromuscular control and corrective exercises.
- Provide postural functional exercises and self-corrective movements.
- Provide appropriate reevaluation of targeted population.
- Assess Airmen to screen for potential injuries/illnesses or risk factors to increase their risk of injury/illness. These screening procedures may include musculoskeletal flexibility assessment, muscular strength and endurance assessment, cardiovascular fitness assessment, postural and ergonomic assessment, and body composition assessment
- Design and implement conditioning programs (flexibility, strength, cardiovascular fitness) to reduce the risk of injury and illness.
- Educate Airmen on the importance of acclimatization and fluid and electrolyte balance in the prevention of heat illness.
- Educate and advise Airmen regarding the nutritional aspects of physical activity. Proper nutrition can enhance performance, prevent injury and illness, and assist patients or clients in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Select, apply and evaluate the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions using best evidence to guide those decisions. Interventions used by athletic trainers include: techniques to restore joint range of motion and muscle extensibility, exercises to improve strength, endurance, speed and power, activities to improve balance, neuromuscular control and coordination, agility training, exercises to improve cardiorespiratory fitness, sports specific and/or functional exercises.
- Create and/or review proposed education, conditioning and other EPIC activities and suggested programs and products to the physician(s) assigned to or overseeing EPIC units with exercise programs and Airmen evaluations.
- Complete required documentation of Airmen evaluations and therapeutic interventions, and EPIC program metrics.
- Obtain a government driving license to operate government vehicles.