DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The USAF School of Aerospace Medicine provides Aerospace Medicine Training, Education, and Consultation to Enhance Warfighter Performance and Combat Casualty Care for World Wide Operations in Garrison and War. It is the center for aeromedical education, training, and consultation in direct support of USAF, DOD, and in operations. USAFSAM provides peacetime and contingency support in hyperbarics, human performance, clinical and environmental health, expeditionary medical support, and aeromedical evacuation. Services shall include professional and technical support for the Public Health Division. Contractor personnel shall interface with USAFSAM/PHD leadership and staff. The contractor shall provide a technically qualified individual to perform the tasks outlined in the following paragraphs. Contractor assistance under this task order shall be for use by USAFSAM at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Associates Degree in Public Health with 8 years of experience within a public health related field.
- Prior Air Force military experience is preferable.
- Requires advanced skills in utilizing equipment authorized or required to be used in Public Health offices, i.e. outbreak investigation tools, mosquito traps, and food inspection materials. Requires experience utilizing health-related databases and conducting health surveillance.
DESCRIPTION OF CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Personnel will be required to complete Basic Instructor Course (BIC) presented by USAFSAM/ED within 1 year of start date if they are not already BIC certified.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The candidate shall...
- Assist with activities of Public Health Education Division creation of curriculum. Serves as a subject matter expert for the creation of Public Health Education training. Help design Public Health lesson plans using Instructional System Development methodology.
- Conducts classroom instruction for public health subjects.
- Provide platform instruction for scheduled/assigned lessons in Public Health Apprentice, Contingency Preventive Medicine, Community Health Workshop, Force Health Management Workshop and Occupational Medicine Workshop.
- Present instruction according to lesson plans, or deviates, based on student needs. Adjusts learning experiences to meet student needs. Instructional delivery must reflect approved instructor methodologies as found in Air Force Instruction.
- Teach steps to include attention, motivation, and interim summaries will be used during each lesson taught with no more than one missed teaching step per four hours of instruction.
- Performs as a consultant in providing operational consultation relevant to Force Health Management and Community Health Public Health programs in the Air Force.