DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The candidate will be responsible for the installation and administration of Cisco switches and routers, Palo Alto firewalls and network management tools supporting the DC3 networks on different domain classifications of Department of Defense. The Network Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting, installations, maintenance, conversion, cutovers and sustainment of IT components. Maintain, support and troubleshoot several classified and unclassified networks to include: NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS, and other networks as required. Creates, maintains and implements detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures. Consultant for systems problems and solutions beyond the knowledge of technical tier one and tier two support staff.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Any degree with 18-22 years of professional experience; OR
- Bachelors degree with 10-14 years of professional experience; OR
- Masters Degree with 8-12 years of professional experience; OR
- PhD or JD with 4 years of professional experience
DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The candidate shall have...
- Demonstrated Network Engineering experience including understanding of LAN/WAN operations and TCP/IP concepts
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Experience managing Access Control Lists (ACLs) / Managing Port Security
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience monitoring firewall traffic and configuring rule sets
- Experience configuring and managing VLANs
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists / STIG reviews and implementation - D
- DoD 8570 Certification (Security + cert)
- Secret Clearance with TS SCI eligibility
DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE DESIRED
The candidate should have...
- Working knowledge of the VPN and the Internet Protocol
- Security (IPsec) that enables VPNs
- Experience with IAVA, security checklists - CCNA or CCNP
- Experience with tools supporting the network infrastructure such as Solar Winds
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience with Quality of Service (QOS) Functions
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with VOIP