DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The 99th Medical Group (MDG) at Nellis Air Force Base operates one of the largest medical facilities in the Air Force, Mike O’Callaghan Military Medical Center. Its primary mission is to maintain medical readiness for worldwide contingencies by providing quality, cost-effective health care for enrollees including almost 7,500 active-duty members. In addition, the 99th MDG is a pilot program for several large initiative, to include the Air Force’s first Orthopedic Spine Clinic, as well as the Air Force’s first state-side trauma facility.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION REQUIRED
The candidate shall have their High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.
DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The candidate shall have...
- Have at least two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds and reach high shelving units with the assistance of stepladders to retrieve and file medical records.
- Be a fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Understand English, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written correspondence, reports, and transcribed material.
- Have demonstrated experience with standard office equipment such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automation systems, to perform a substantial range of medical record maintenance support.
- Have demonstrated medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The candidate shall...
- Collect, organize and secure patient hardcopy medical documentation.
- Upload medical documentation into electronic medical system.