DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
As the 711 HPW Human Centrifuge and Research Altitude Chambers (RAC) completes testing and becomes operational at Wright-Patterson AFB, they will require both engineering and software/simulation support in order to be able to carry out its research and training missions. The engineering support will be for testing, maintenance and system upgrades and the software/simulation support will be used to set up mission scenarios to be “flown” on the centrifuge and RAC.
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The contractor employee shall have at least an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s desired) in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, with a minimum of three years of programming experience. The candidate shall have experience designing and modifying software on Windows, Linux and QNX based systems. The candidate shall have demonstrated proficiency in LabVIEW and C/C++/C#. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
- The contractor employee shall design and/or modify software on Windows, Linux and QNX based systems to support altitude, acceleration and spatial disorientation research. The software will address the following disciplines: flight simulation, data acquisition, signal conditioning, network communication, real-time control, and automation of motion and non-motion control systems and the candidate shall have programming experience in some of those disciplines.
- The contractor employee shall maintain revision control of source code and update all software documentation.
- The contractor employee shall assist with the functions of the small network manager and system administrator and interface with IT to ensure the information systems remain in compliance with all applicable information assurance and security guidelines.
- The contractor employee shall work with a technical team to analyze existing hardware and software capabilities, create system specifications and implement a plan to incorporate technology updates.
- The contractor employee shall ensure operation of equipment, troubleshoot malfunctions, and appraise new equipment and techniques to safeguard all life critical systems and maintain data integrity.