DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The purpose of this effort is to acquire professional research analyst, management, and office support services for the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM), Operational Health and Performance Division (USAFSAM/FHO). The contractor shall provide inherent professional expertise to support Human Performance Branch (USAFSAM/FHOH) Leadership and their staff in supporting the research mission and day-to-day operations of the Human Performance Research Portfolio. Performance shall be according to the requirements contained in this Performance Work Statement (PWS). The employee candidate shall interface with USAFSAM/FHO and FHOH leadership and staff, other USAFSAM departments, other subject matter experts as well as other professionals across 711HPW. Contractor assistance under this task order shall be for use by USAFSAM at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The candidate shall be a professionally and technically qualified Executive Services Manager/Research Office Coordinator/Program Management Assistant for a high functioning research office performing a variety of executive-level administrative tasks in addition to supporting the day-to-day oversight and management of the USAFSAM/FHO Division and Branch Leadership. The contractor employee shall possess a minimum Associate of Science degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science/Technology or Business Administration and minimum of seven (7) years of professional executive services or government office management expertise; relevant years of professional experience may be considered an acceptable substitute for candidates with degrees in other fields.
The candidate shall demonstrate proven expertise to assist the Government in performing the following administrative activities:
- Organizing and maintaining FHO Division File System
- Developing and finalizing comprehensive spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and/or informational briefings (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Developing and managing the FHO Division monthly activities calendar
- Coordinating FHO Division IT support for common equipment (i.e. printers)
- Preparing various types of electronic documentation for coordination and approval at all levels of the organization
- Understanding, organizing, and tracking (from start to finish) FHO Division taskers and suspense timelines; communicating status and updates to Leadership
- Gathering information and synthesizing meeting objectives to support scheduling FHO Division / FHOH Branch meetings (Outlook)
- Managing FHO Division / FHOH Branch Leadership TDY requests and coordination; manage the central travel budget
- Manage the ordering/delivery of office supplies and equipment
- Provide administrative support at meetings held by the FHO Division Chief (with some requiring preparation of briefing materials, and taking notes/minutes from the meeting), and other administrative activities as required by the Chief.
- Answer telephone calls, screen callers, maintain schedules for FHO Division and immediate reports; and relay messages and greet visitors.
- Ability to work independently and complete taskers without extensive guidance
- Attention to detail
- Extensive organizational skills & ability to set and achieve goals
- Initiative in performing tasks
- Ability to follow-up complex projects
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
The candidate shall...
- Possess expertise in data entry, retrieval, and management support while providing assistance to leadership, program, and/or technical staff.
- Review, evaluate, analyze and implement higher headquarter guidance in support of the organizational mission. The contractor employee shall strategically and proactively manage data and update information retrieved from varied sources.
- Serve as FHO Division site owner and technical expert for SharePoint. SharePoint is a software tool used to host web-like content intended for distributing and collaborating information such as policy, processes, and other information of general interest to and across the 711HPW (not classified or sensitive). The contractor employee shall have the knowledge and ability to organize, manage, and maintain sites in Share Point for the FHO Division. The contractor employee shall also be able to resolve questions, consult, and track down information on Share Point.
- Possess the analytical ability to recognize, define or characterize the dimension of issues and/ or questions; and collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Have extensive knowledge and proven ability to utilize and apply Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) to efficiently and effectively develop products. Knowledge and application in this domain is critical to the success of this position and will be utilized on a daily basis.
- Develop routine correspondence (using Microsoft Word and/or Outlook) in support of various levels of the organization and develop reports using a personal computer. In addition, the contractor employee shall operate office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, document scanner. Experience developing reports in accordance with Department of Defense Guidance / Standards is preferred.
- Be familiar with basic conference room IT procedures and equipment to support set-up and operation of video and telephone teleconferences to include establishing and sharing teleconferencing phone numbers and codes.