Description of Work
The Contractor shall provide Medical Laboratory Services for the USAFSAM, Epidemiological Laboratory Service Division (PHE) at the 711th Human Performance Wing (HPW), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB) OH.
Description of Tasks
The Laboratory Management Assistant will work with the chief of the US Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) Epidemiological Laboratory Service Division (PHE) to support all aspects of the laboratory operations.
The candidate will support the Division Management...
- To implement test methodologies and instrumentation.
- To ensure that data integrity, quality control, and customer standards are met, including assisting Quality Assurance Coordinator with CLIA, CLIP, HIPAA, OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- To perform day to day operations including accuracy for patient results, instrumentation, regulatory issues, procedures and processes as appropriate.
- To prepare and monitor staffing, as well as with planning and managing operating and capital budgets.
- To establish policies and technical procedures for specimen handling, processing, analysis and result reporting for patient specimens.
- To perform laboratory inspection within one month of hire date, with report to be given to Quality Assurance coordinator and Laboratory Director.
- To attend weekly division management meetings, work closely with quality assurance monitor and provide quality assurance improvement metrics at monthly QA meetings.
Description of Education and Experience Required
The candidate will...
- Have at least a BS degree in Medical Technology or equivalent field with certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the management of personnel and operations is required.
- Have the ability to work with Microsoft Office, to include use of advanced functions in excel, such as pivot tables.
- Have experience in health services, familiar with health service program; experience in administrative operations, strategic planning and/or marketing.
- Have knowledge of bench processes of clinical laboratory to include moderate and high complexity testing in the areas of Chemistry, Immunology, Bacteriology, Parasitology, Virology and Molecular Diagnostics.