DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The purpose of this effort is to acquire professional research analyst, management, and office support services for the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM), Operational Health and Performance Division (USAFSAM/FHO). The contractor shall provide inherent professional expertise to support Human Performance Branch (USAFSAM/FHOH) Leadership and their staff in supporting the research mission and day-to-day operations of the Human Performance Research Portfolio. Performance shall be according to the requirements contained in this Performance Work Statement (PWS). The employee candidate shall interface with USAFSAM/FHO and FHOH leadership and staff, other USAFSAM departments, other subject matter experts as well as other professionals across 711HPW. Contractor assistance under this task order shall be for use by USAFSAM at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The candidate shall be a professionally and technically qualified Program Manager with a minimum APDP Level II certification in Program Management, Systems Planning Research Development and Engineering (SPRDE) or Contracting, with at least seven (7) years of experience in research-related project management. Equivalent PMP or PjMP certifications are acceptable. The contractor employee shall possess a minimum Bachelor’s degree. Relevant education and experience may be considered an acceptable substitute for certifications.
The contractor employee shall possess the following work characteristics:
- Ability to work independently and complete taskers without extensive guidance
- Attention to detail
- Extensive organizational skills & ability to set and achieve goals
- Initiative in performing tasks
- Ability to follow-up complex projects
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
The candidate shall...
- Be required to perform program management activities including: AF budget/financial assessment and support obligation and expenditure reporting to include communicating with financial support staff; and conduct contract development, management, and reporting to include: verification of deliverables against contracts; procuring / receiving supplies/equipment; noting and reporting program contractual discrepancies; communicating and coordinating contractual activities to appropriate parties.
- Work with designated USAFSAM/FHO technical professionals and management to collect procurement requirements, develop procurement packages, and disseminate information to include, cut-off dates for submitting supply and equipment requirements, and changes or proposed changes to procedures affecting AFRL/711HPW supply supportservices.
- Have a working knowledge of business expertise and assist in the oversight for compliance of policies, procedures, standards, and regulations in support of the 711HPW contracting and procurement processes; and ensure Government’s authorized requests for supply and equipment are in compliance with all mandated supply and equipment 711HPW guidelines.
- Maintain all contracting and procurement data created for Government use or legally controlled by the Government in support of the functional activity, or required by AF publication, IAW with the AF records management procedures in AF Instruction (AFI) 33-322, Communications and Information and the Air Force Records Disposition Schedule. The contractor employee shall support the maintenance and updates of USAFSAM/FH Project File System.
- Maintain and provide purchase transaction statistics to resource managers and program management, as requested.
- Demonstrate proven capability to collect, analyze and appraise acquisition data required to draw conclusions and work with the HP portfolio program manager to devise solutions to problems relating to improvement of acquisition effectiveness and compliance
- Possess the analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Have a general knowledge of the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) system and the process to interface with DMLSS staff to procure research equipment and supplies.
- Possess a working knowledge of defense acquisition and aerospace medical research policies and regulations and recommend appropriate action consistent with those guidelines. The contractor employee shall be familiar with research processes including 711HPW Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) approvals. Using this knowledge, the contractor employee shall proofread and edit project plans, research proposals, and data collected by Program Manager and support staff members to assess research requirements to support contractual activities.
- Perform and complete assignments involving work with diverse and dynamic groups. The contractor employee shall establish, create and maintain a constant and effective working relationship within the division, the directorate, 711 HPW, MAJCOMs, Air Staff, academia, business, and industry customers, partners and stakeholders for coordination, support and changes to the scope of assigned work. The contractor employee shall maintain effective working relationships with principal investigators, other program managers, researchers and support staff involved in the acquisition of medical systems and conduct of aerospace medical research.
- Recommend solutions to improve processes and maximize mission accomplishment through efficient utilization of resources, assist with resource estimates for solutions for AFMS-validated modernization needs, and provide resource analysis support for execution of medical modernization projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft software programs which include: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.