DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
The mission of the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) is to provide aerospace medicine training, education, and consultation in direct support of the Air Force, Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, and allied nations during peacetime and contingencies. USAFSAM focuses their training mission in the areas of human performance enhancement, hyperbaric sciences, public health, occupational health, disease prevention, environmental quality, and aerospace medical evacuation.
DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The candidate shall...
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design or a related field, and/or 5 years of industry- standard multimedia instructional systems design and development experience.
- Have technical expertise areas will include the ability to use HTML, JAVA script, Adobe Flash, Photoshop or Illustrator, SCORM conformance tools, and rapid eLearning development software; will be able to demonstrate proficiency in designing graphical user interfaces (GUI), applying learning activities that meet DoD defined levels 1 through 3 interactivity, wrapping and testing content to meet SCORM conformance requirements, deploying courseware to Learning Management and Learning Content Management Systems (LMS/LCMS), and have a thorough understanding of Section 508 guidelines for developing courses for those with disabilities; perform research, development, and feasibility studies for applying emerging instructional technology to meet the requirements of eLearning deliverables.
- Have experience in all facets of Instructional System Design (ISD), to include performing front-end analysis, task analysis, objective writing, identification of assessment methodologies, course design, rapid prototyping, courseware development, and evaluations to measure student learning, and course effectiveness.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
The candidate shall...
- Provide the USAFSAM with support in recommending instructional platforms, multiple forms of media, development tools, and delivery methods to satisfy training requirements through Computer Aided Instruction (CAI) also known as electronic Learning (eLearning); oversee the design, conversion, development, and deployment of USAFSAM courses to the most efficient and applicable distributed learning environment; ensure courseware is in compliance with current DoD, USAF, and industry-standard training guidance; provide USAFSAM Office of the Dean with support in maintaining the eLearning portion of the qualification course for newly assigned instructors.
- Provide educational expertise to USAFSAM, Air Force, and DoD customers in the development of Course Training Standards (CTS), educational plans, curriculum design documents, and automated assessment tools. Since these are the core documents required for eLearning courseware development, the contractor will work closely with project-assigned subject matter experts (SMEs) and division-level leadership to ensure training curriculum aligns with stipulated Air Force, DoD, and career-field needs.
- Manage the information, technology, and system aspects of courseware design, development, and implementation.
- Prepare style guides, electronic storyboards, job aids, and student study guides using correct grammar, spelling, syntax, and formatting; must possess extensive organizational skills, the ability to work independently, outstanding communication skills, and advanced Microsoft Office knowledge to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analyze student feedback from end-of-course evaluations and field surveys to assess the effectiveness of technical inserts and eLearning courses. The contractor shall provide written recommendations to the Director and customer for improving the courseware using ISD principles.
- Be expected to coordinate content, alpha, and beta reviews with the customers, and obtain the required approvals for final course delivery.
- Provide consultation during the validation phase of all eLearning courses; this validation is designed to ensure the courses meet the stated objectives, achieves the required proficiency levels, and effectively trains the targeted audience.
- Participate in, and support projects within skill sets; projects may include writing continuity documents, attending or presenting at local eLearning symposiums, defining capabilities for potential customers, collaborating with local colleges or multi-service partners, and support other USAFSAM special projects.