LANgineers is a successful 26-year I.T. Telephony company with 14 years’ experience providing a cloud-based hosted telephony platform. Every day is an exciting technical challenge.
Candidate Primary Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work on software development, network technical issues and also tickets that were created for support requests. Some work may be advanced.
- The Candidate will support our Installers who are performing VoIP Installations for our new customers. You will diagnose customer’s networking issues with routers, switches, faxes, etc.
- Maintain excellent notes and document work performed in our ticketing software.
- This is primarily an office-based position, but the candidate will be expected to go to a customer’s site if required.
- Software development skills, Ability to code both front and back end.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of networking: Understanding and thorough knowledge of the 7-layer OSI reference model, topologies, how DHCP works, Static IP routes, Private and Public IP addresses, how NAT operates, Port Mapping.
- Networking experience like configuring and diagnosing routers and managed switches.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Troubleshooting skills using different tools.
- VLAN, VPN, SIP, Cisco, Mikrotik, Wireshark, Windows Server, Linux
- Work as a team player interfacing with customers and other support staff to resolve technical problems.
- Understands various Telecom terms and operations like Number Porting, how call flows between different carriers.
- Theoretical understanding of how VoIP Phones work, and how Telecom operates.
- CCNA or CCNP preferred or equivalent
- Choice of medical insurance with Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser.
- Vision, Dental, Life
- Smoke-free, alcohol-free, drug-free environment.
Required license/citizenship: Driver's License & US Citizenship or Green card
Federal Background check including clean DMV, drug testing, employment history.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Burlingame, CA
Required language: Fluent English