At Labster, we are working hard to reach our goal of changing the world by producing fully interactive learning simulations, in order to make science education both accessible and motivational for millions of students globally.
As a Content Developer at Labster you will collaborate closely with our scientific team as well as with our development and art teams to create engaging and innovative solutions that will significantly improve science education.
To better understand what we are currently working on, we would recommend you to visit our blog
or check out one of our simulations
- You will create 2-3 new simulations every quarter by combining various pieces of the puzzle that will be worked on and provided by your team members. This includes things like 3D animations, the learning flow, learning content, quiz questions etc.
- Ultimately, you will be the person connecting all the dots, by bringing the work from our various teams located in Bali and Copenhagen in order to create the magic.
- One year of experience in creating applications using C# (or any other programming language)
- Familiarity with XML format
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently while also able to work efficiently in a team
- Ability to learn fast and stay organized as well as focused in a fast-pace environment
Nice to have
- Experience in working with Unity3D engine
- Familiarity with git version control
- Experience with working in distributed teams
What do we offer?
- Responsibility and ownership from day one – autonomy for the win
- Getting up in the morning and knowing that you’ll work on something that helps people improve their lives – education
- Having a flexible work schedule
- Working with an intelligent group of co-workers that will inspire you to achieve more and have fun while doing it
- Developing your professional profile and learning a lot
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. Our goal is to develop fully interactive software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible. In order to achieve it, we are partnering with major publishers and other educational companies and just recently announced a partnership with Google
We govern ourselves by using a flat-hierarchy system called Holacracy that is focused on roles, collaboration and distributed leadership. We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members.