NOTE: This is fully remote position however, we will only consider applicants who are currently located in one of the European time zones.
As a Lead Developer you will be leading distributed, cross - functional team of software engineers based all over the world. As a tech lead you will drive the team effort towards common goal by guiding and mentoring, sharing your know-how by implementing best engineering practices and be involved in technical assignments on a daily basis. This is newly created role with a real growth opportunity.
- Represent the team towards the other Product teams.
- Question, evaluate, challenge and assess team members activities.
- Mentor, coach and guide team members to enable their growth.
- Conduct quarterly and yearly performance interviews with the team.
- Working closely with other teams in order to detect and resolve tensions.
- Enable knowledge transfer between cross-functional teams and establish “best practices” by facilitating and initiating clear and efficient communication.
- Recognizing and establishing new ways to continuously improve one team’s and/or cross-team efficiency day-to-day (ideally in alignment with Agile and Holacracy)
- Participate in designing and developing new features for our highly popular virtual laboratory simulation and gamified education platform.
- Contribute to the engineering team's culture of high code quality. You are accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit testing are adequately performed.
- Being technical partner to a product team.
- You possess excellent and proven leadership experience.
- You have a tendency to propose smart yet simple solutions, individually or with groups.
- You possess a high level of empathy together with great communication skills.
- You understand importance of continuous feedback and recognition.
- You are developer at heart hence you have a solid understanding of algorithms, design patterns, and best practices.
- You have the ability to work in close collaboration with a team in an ambitious and fast-paced environment
- You have an education in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- You have expert-level understanding of the Python programming language.
- You have experience in front-end development.
- You have at least 4 years' experience in Django development.
- You have experience working with Agile methodologies.
- You have experience in eLearning.
- You have experience with Unity3D or similar game engines.
- You have experience with C#.
- You have experience with recruitment (conducting interviews, creating coding tests etc.)
What do we offer?
- Friendly and productive work environment with fun, multinational, smart and open-minded people (we are now 15+ nationalities!)
- Opportunity to work with the newest technologies, for the product company with a noble vision.
- A lot of freedom within your scope of work - you will own your schedule!
- Opportunity to work from home and/or to work on fully remote basis.
- A competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- Company warrants are a part of remuneration.
- A fun and challenging opportunity to work in an exciting company.
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world. Our goal is to develop software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible. In order to accomplish our goals, we are partnering with major publishers and other EdTech companies like Google or Pearson.
We govern ourselves by using a flat-hierarchy system called Holacracy that is focused on roles, collaboration and distributed leadership. We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members and to hire people who are great cultural contributors.