The purpose of this position is to assist the DAS/OIT Network Service Area by developing and improving processes that will enhance and support the network infrastructure. Also, the goal is to provide exceptional customer service at an enterprise level to State Agencies, Boards and Commissions. This begins with following guidelines and processes that’s needed to fulfill business needs.
- Collaborate with Business SMEs, Analyst(s) and Developer to define Acceptance Criteria
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents business requirements and delivers work products throughout the project life cycle
- Translates business requirements to System/Functional requirements
- Ensures the sign off on completed work
- Assist with developing requirements, workflows, processes and procedures
- Achieve daily delivery targets by following established process & procedures.
- Assist service areas with achieving expected service levels and Key Performance Indicators.
- Daily tracking & reporting of work produced.
- Provide workflow feedback to CSC and Network Managers for review.
- Ensure proper and effective communication and escalation to respective end user groups and internal support groups.
- Evaluate IT Network policies, procedures and practices and makes recommendations
This position will be assigned a 40 hour work week but may occasionally be required to work extended hours; shift may include weekends or evening/night shift hours.
- 2+ years of experience managing network projects
- 3+ years of sound understanding of business processes, systems, organizational structure, and industry requirements
- 2+ years of experience in business / systems analysis including designing, documenting and maintaining system processes
- 3+ years of experience with Excel including pivot tables/charts, macros, v-lookups and creating graphs/charts
- 2+ years of experience with developing workflows and charts using MS Visio
- 4+ years of experience in network configuration management and equipment including firewalls, VPN, load balancers, authentication systems, routers, switches and related hardware
- 4+ years of experience in network infrastructure and/or security design