Kuli Kuli is a high-growth startup at the intersection of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and social good. We are creating an international market for the moringa tree to improve the livelihoods and health of farmers in the developing world. We sell healthy food products made with moringa sustainably sourced from around the world. Our premium, award winning moringa products are sold in over 7,000 grocery stores across the United States. We’ve been featured on CNBC
, and the Wall Street Journal
for our unique products and compelling social mission. Join a great team of driven, passionate individuals building the moringa movement.
Kuli Kuli is looking for someone who would like to combine their passion for operations, logistics and social change to help us grow our company and make an impact beyond the four walls of our offices, beautifully located at the foot of Lake Merritt, in Oakland. We are a 100% co-manufacturing and co-packer environment. You will work closely with our co-manufacturers to create products that our customers love and ensure they meet our high standards for quality and safety. This position requires a leader who is able to handle complexity at a challenging yet exciting environment producing high quality, nutritious products for a high-growth food startup. Our supply chain is represented by producers in 3 continents and 15 countries, and we have manufacturing sites in 4 states. We truly are a global company. We are looking for someone with experience in production planning, inventory control, materials planning, and logistics.
The ideal candidate is a good problem solver and highly organized, with experience managing multiple projects at once. Keys to success will be an obsessive attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, excitement about variety, and a passion for supporting and helping others. This individual must be analytical, resourceful in handling project roadblocks, a strong executor, and ready to take on additional responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be excellent at time management, inventory control and a process enthusiast.
- Production - Oversee the production process with our manufacturers from packaging and raw materials to finished goods. Reduce costs wherever possible while ensuring that products are produced on time and are of the highest quality.
- Inventory Optimization - Optimize production runs, packaging production and inventory levels across all product lines. Focus on cost savings while maintaining adequate supply levels of finished goods, ingredients and packaging.
- Vendor Management & Record Keeping - Maintain and manage all production batch records, lots and production quantities and reconcile inventories between our two warehouses and maintain or database for accuracy. Research new potential vendors and review new supplier applications.
- Quality Control Oversight - Monitor the production process and speed to make sure that it stays on schedule and correct any problems that may arise. Serve as first point of contact for production quality questions and issues, partner with quality team on investigations.
- New Product Development - Be the liaison between internal marketing department and external manufacturers as we roll out new products. Manage copackers through new product development process, including pilot runs.
- 3+ years experience in co-manufacturing production, and/or logistics
- Netsuite experience highly desired
- Obsessive attention to detail and organization with the ability to multitask
- Creative problem solver and compelling negotiator
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Unshakable positivity with an eagerness to take on additional responsibilities
- Excitement about health, organic food and global development
- Culturally inquisitive
- Desire to be a servant leader for your Kuli Kuli team and foreign suppliers
- Eagerness to grow and seek to take on additional responsibilities
Hours & Compensation
Competitive compensation, company equity, performance bonuses and strong benefits provided. This full-time position is based out of our dynamic space near the beautiful waterfront of Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA. Perks include unlimited product, a gym membership, regular team outings, a flexible work schedule and regular walking meetings along Lake Merritt.
Email your resume and cover letter.