Kuli Kuli is a high-growth startup at the intersection of consumer packaged goods (CPG) and social good. We sell healthy food products made with moringa sustainably sourced from small farmers around the world. Our premium, award winning moringa products are sold in over 11,000 stores across the United States. Kuli Kuli’s mission is to create a world where everyone has access to nutritious sources of food and malnutrition only exists in history books. We’re backed by many of the leading food investors, including Kellogg’s eighteen94 capital, S2G and Griffith Foods. Kuli Kuli has been featured in Forbes, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal for our unique products and compelling social mission.
Kuli Kuli is seeking an experienced Vice President of Sales and Marketing to help us take our company to the next level. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an incredible opportunity to shape the trajectory of a high-growth brand while working with a passionate and committed team. You will work closely with our leadership team to coordinate high-level strategy and work deeply within the sales and marketing organizations to achieve aggressive sales and velocity goals. Given the growing nature of the company, the ideal candidate should feel comfortable taking on tasks and responsibilities at all levels of the team hierarchy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales, marketing, and innovation with proven success at both large companies and scrappy startups.
Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (or JEDI) are directly connected to Kuli Kuli’s mission. Kuli Kuli encourages applicants from a diverse array of backgrounds. Join a great team of driven, passionate individuals building the moringa movement.
- Lead sales and marketing teams to set the strategy and budgets, using data to regularly calibrate the direction.
- Set the channel strategy and build the team to grow our sales 5x by 2023 and manage the P&L, leading weekly and monthly sales reviews.
- Increase product velocity through a strategic application of tradespend and marketing support while ensuring that we meet our budget.
- Directly manage and grow relationships with top Kuli Kuli customers, with a focus on conventional customers such as Walmart and Costco and Target.
- Lead our product development strategy, build the P&L and coordinate between marketing, sales and operations to set the launch plan and timelines.
- 10+ years of experience in sales and marketing within the CPG industry required
- Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative environment
- Strong analytical acumen and knowledge of how to identify trends and opportunities and translate them into initiatives that drive growth
- Strong communication, negotiation, and team management skills
- Outstanding analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Unshakable positivity
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Passion for sustainability, health, entrepreneurship, and global development
Hours & Compensation
Competitive compensation, equity, performance bonuses, unlimited vacation and great benefits including a 401k match. This position is based at our headquarters in Oakland, CA, and though there are ample remote work opportunities, our preference is for a candidate located in the SF Bay Area. Our office is located near the beautiful waterfront of Lake Merritt. Kuli Kuli takes pride in our positive, collaborative, fun & financially rewarding work environment.
Please apply through our website
with your cover letter and resume.